Disagreeing With The Smartest Man In The Room

Can_of_corn

So, you think he will get Rios then.

I'm not sure what they'd move. Renato Nunez is thumping the ball at High A and we know Texas likes thumpers and doesn't mind strikeouts.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5456Soua02s?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5456Soua02s?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

As an aside, I don't think Robertson is near the same class as Russell, but I do think his strong year has given Oakland some hope that he will stick at short long term and be a good every day player.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure what they'd move. Renato Nunez is thumping the ball at High A and we know Texas likes thumpers and doesn't mind strikeouts.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5456Soua02s?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5456Soua02s?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

As an aside, I don't think Robertson is near the same class as Russell, but I do think his strong year has given Oakland some hope that he will stick at short long term and be a good every day player.

I don't think Billy values prospects like you and I do. If there is a free Jonny Gomes to be had.

I don't think Billy values prospects like you and I do. If there is a free Jonny Gomes to be had.

I think he values prospects, but is also confident he can turn over players to address needs, even if he loses "value" in the process. Stockpiling prospects is probably a luxury I don't account for enough -- he can't sit on assets if he wants the MLB club to be thriving.

I think he values prospects, but is also confident he can turn over players to address needs, even if he loses "value" in the process. Stockpiling prospects is probably a luxury I don't account for enough -- he can't sit on assets if he wants the MLB club to be thriving.

Well stated. I think he plays a different game.

Oh, I thought this was going to be a thread that we could disagree with Drungo.

Thems just jokes, people. Simmer down.

I dunno if Beane is the smartest guy in the room but I think he's going after it this year with the best way anyone would: ridiculous pitching.

Not sure how they're going to score runs but then again I don't think they really care. They've got an awesome staff. I agree the Cespedes is overrated, he is more of a name than an elite player. He's got some nice pop but it's almost Tony Batista numbers.

But the question is, am I the one that is wrong? And if so where is the flaw in my thought process?

I am willing to accept correction.

Ask me at the end of October. The guy built a team that's had a great regular season so it is premature to say he's lost his touch, but whether he's making the right moves for October or for the long haul remains to be seen.

Archived