In house 2B options

LookitsPuck

Amazing.

DD and Buck are trying their darndest to win a championship and such, putting the best person they feel to do such.

Last season, it was beat up DD and Buck because they kept running B-Rob out there, instead of Flash, and there was several people in OH was yelling for Schoop to be given the job.

Now, Schoop has the job, and everybody wants anybody but Schoop there.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The numbers suggest he's a below-average fielder.

Just a question ? what would he have to hit to make up for what he gives away to Schoop/Flaherty defensively?

It could be primacy-recency effect, but given the O's recent hot streak of low-scoring victories ? I'm not keen on giving away the runs that our current 2Bs save us.

Now, I don't want to be mistaken, I'm not suggesting that Lombardozzi become the every day 2B, but 2-3 days a week won't kill them.

When he was up early in the year, I don't recall thinking they couldn't afford to have him on the field defensively. My concern is, if 2B were the only spot in the lineup that was deficient, then I wouldn't really care if they stood pat with Flaherty and Schoop. But between Davis struggling, now Cruz struggling, and what we get out of C, the back half of the lineup is painful to watch. They've gotten by against some good pitching recently, but I don't think that can hold up when it counts.

Amazing.

DD and Buck are trying their darndest to win a championship and such, putting the best person they feel to do such.

Last season, it was beat up DD and Buck because they kept running B-Rob out there, instead of Flash, and there was several people in OH was yelling for Schoop to be given the job.

Now, Schoop has the job, and everybody wants anybody but Schoop there.

The Orioles obviously don't want to continue running Schoop out there. Their persuit of alternatives is well documented. Those professional evaluators that are paid very well for their skill and knowledge have not yet found a superior replacement that they can obtain. In their professional opinions.

This is not the 2009 Orioles organization, gang.

The Orioles obviously don't want to continue running Schoop out there. Their persuit of alternatives is well documented. Those professional evaluators that are paid very well for their skill and knowledge have not yet found a superior replacement that they can obtain. In their professional opinions.

This is not the 2009 Orioles organization, gang.

Yea I agree I want the black hole at 2nd fixed, but there is just no real cost effective solution.

THE one we may have missed on IMHO is the guy who went to Atlanta? Emilio Bonifacio

Yea I agree I want the black hole at 2nd fixed, but there is just no real cost effective solution.

THE one we may have missed on IMHO is the guy who went to Atlanta? Emilio Bonifacio

If the internet is right, sounds like DD had talks about this guy, but the asking price must have been more than they were willing to part with.

Very clear the O's don't consider the in house options valid/better options.

Which I question..simply because this offense needs a spark, maybe some new blood....So even if Weeks, Lombo, Paerades or Dejesus aren't long term answers...maybe they spark a rally or get the team hitting again...

So yes, I am questioning the lack of a move here. You can always send Flaherty down for a series and bring him back. It doesn't hurt to give one (or a couple) of these guys a look.

Which I question..simply because this offense needs a spark, maybe some new blood....So even if Weeks, Lombo, Paerades or Dejesus aren't long term answers...maybe they spark a rally or get the team hitting again...

So yes, I am questioning the lack of a move here. You can always send Flaherty down for a series and bring him back. It doesn't hurt to give one (or a couple) of these guys a look.

Maybe they have face some pretty darn good pitching?

Flaherty is the only player who can backup Hardy, he isn't going anywhere, book on it.

You can't send Flaherty down for a series and bring him back. If you send him down, he's down for 10 days unless someone goes on the DL. Should you need a SS because Hardy is sick, you're screwed.

Maybe they have face some pretty darn good pitching?

Flaherty is the only player who can backup Hardy, he isn't going anywhere, book on it.

Just like Lough is the backup for Jones (who never leaves a game)....

I do agree with your point though, send Schoop down temporarily then.

You can't send Flaherty down for a series and bring him back. If you send him down, he's down for 10 days unless someone goes on the DL. Should you need a SS because Hardy is sick, you're screwed.

Make it a 10 day looksee then.

Archived