In house 2B options

LookitsPuck

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I said you are probably right (despite the fact I disagree with the premise), and send down Schoop.

Buck has said numerous times, Flash is the only guy on the team who can play SS at the major league level on this roster.

He has said, he would never move Manny to SS in mid-season, since he hasn't played there for a few years.

Neither is Davis and Cruz, so lets move them out to.

You mean "too"? What's got into you this AM? The team isn't hitting. The 2nd base position is a black hole. I like Schoop long-term. I want to keep him. However, you can't overlook the fact this team isn't hitting at all. I believe (it is my opinion), a move for Paerades, Weeks, Lombo or Dejesus could give us a spark. Could I be wrong? Sure. I am just a fan, but that is what I think.

P.S-thoughts on Skins this year? Thursday is first preseason game. I am going to 3 baseball games this week or I would have gone to the game on Thursday because I was offered tickets.

Buck has said numerous times, Flash is the only guy on the team who can play SS at the major league level on this roster.

He has said, he would never move Manny to SS in mid-season, since he hasn't played there for a few years.

I agree with the point. I don't think Buck would agree to option Flaherty. I disagree with it, but point taken.

You mean "too"? What's got into you this AM? The team isn't hitting. The 2nd base position is a black hole. I like Schoop long-term. I want to keep him. However, you can't overlook the fact this team isn't hitting at all. I believe (it is my opinion), a move for Paerades, Weeks, Lombo or Dejesus could give us a spark. Could I be wrong? Sure. I am just a fan, but that is what I think.

P.S-thoughts on Skins this year? Thursday is first preseason game. I am going to 3 baseball games this week or I would have gone to the game on Thursday because I was offered tickets.

Schoop is playing the 4th best defense at 2nd in MLB.

Yes, I would love to see him, hit more.

I think if Paredes, Weeks, Lombo or Dejesus could provide that spark, then don't you think DD would have made the move, already?

DD is not afraid to juggle his roster, remember Pearce was DFA just before Davis got hurt.

Just like Lough is the backup for Jones (who never leaves a game)....

I do agree with your point though, send Schoop down temporarily then.

Not sure if you missed it, but Hardy did miss time earlier this season and actually has a pretty consistent track record of missing time prior to his joining the Orioles. Not really sure how he and Jones, and their respective backup situations, are analogous in this respect.

Not sure if you missed it, but Hardy did miss time earlier this season and actually has a pretty consistent track record of missing time prior to his joining the Orioles. Not really sure how he and Jones, and their respective backup situations, are analogous in this respect.

CF and SS are two of the three most important positions on the diamond, and you need to have suitable backups to fill in, if something happens.

Archived