Upcoming Toronto Series

Rene88

ATTN ESPN:

The AL East is about to start a huge series between the AL East Division leader vs. Second Wild Card team (4 GB). It would be nice if you could focus some (just some) attention on this matter instead of the Cubs future, Tony Bosch, and of course your man crush New York Yankees. I am enjoying your coverage of the Angels over the Red Sox and Rays; however, we are just asking for some respect.

Hamburgers,

Mayor McCheese

How about you stop covering NASCAR too. Nobody gives a crap!!!

Fired up!:) NASCAR isn't a sport, it sucks and I am about to stop watching ESPN because of it!

End fired up rant:)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ATTN ESPN:

The AL East is about to start a huge series between the AL East Division leader vs. Second Wild Card team (4 GB). It would be nice if you could focus some (just some) attention on this matter instead of the Cubs future, Tony Bosch, and of course your man crush New York Yankees. I am enjoying your coverage of the Angels over the Red Sox and Rays; however, we are just asking for some respect.

Hamburgers,

Mayor McCheese

I used to care a lot but I don't really anymore. I just watch MLB Network.

MLB Network >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ESPN

The pressure is really on Toronto in this series. They can afford to lose this opportunity to make up some ground head to head. A series win for us would be a serious blow to their chances. Let's go get 'em!

I am more concerned about the Yankees.

I don't think this is the issue is it? If it were that easy then these d-bags wouldn't have enjoyed this 'home field advantage' for this long. I would imagine it's more like code breaking than sign stealing. High tech center field operation ready to crack each new visiting team.

lurk more, post less.

The pressure is really on Toronto in this series. They cannot afford to lose this opportunity to make up some ground head to head. A series win for us would be a serious blow to their chances. Let's go get 'em!

When this series is over. The Yankees will be ahead of the Jays in the standings.

B O O M

I know. I know. Every game is important. To me, tonight is the biggest of the three because I want Toronto back on their heels. Put the pressure on them to not fall further back in the standings, and my hope is they'd fold.

I agree, Tony.

A win tonight would take a significant amount of pressure off of the Orioles, and put more pressure on the Blue Jays.

But, of course ........ if we happen to lose tonight ...... then tomorrow's game will then become the most important of the series, as the Orioles will need to stop the bleeding and stem the momentum of the Blue Jays breathing down our necks. ;)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And that once again reminds me of when I was in 7th grade, and my beloved Bullets were playing against the SuperSonics for the N.B.A. championship.

That year, they had a format of 1-2-2-1-1 for the home court advantage, with the SuperSonics getting home games in the first, the fourth, the fifth, and the seventh games, and the Bullets getting the other 3 (Games 2, 3, and 6.)

Anyway, the series was tied at 1 game apiece after 2 games. Before Game Three in Landover, Motta had said that Game Three was big because the Bullets didn't want to be down 2 games to 1 having to go to Seattle for Games 4 and 5.

Well, lo and behold, the Bullets lost Game Three, and they were down 2 games to 1 having to go to Seattle for Games 4 and 5.

So before Game Four, Motta said to the press, "I said that Game Three was big, and I meant it. And now that we lost, Game Four IS EVEN BIGGER."

After falling behind by double digits late in the 3rd quarter, the Bullets rallied back to win, evening the series at 2 games apiece, and getting that desperately-needed win in Game Four.

After the Nationals game tomorrow (of which I will be there, wearing my orange and black Orioles gear), we face the Blue Jays.

Big series. Predictions?

1-0 after tonight's game.

2-0 after tomorrow night's game.

Archived