More Biogenesis-Related Suspensions Likely To Occur

Greg

But football is ugly because it's football, not because of PEDs. I don't think it's significantly uglier. Was Dick Butkus on PEDs when he was running amok, mugging people? Serious question cause I don't know if he was or wasn't.

I don't know about Butkis but football, in general, has always been way ahead of the curve when in comes to PED use. I agree that football is an ugly game but I do think that PED use makes it uglier because I believe that bigger, stronger, faster players make for more gruesome injuries. Science may or may not agree with my assessment, I can't say.

I remember when Lawrence Taylor broke Joe Theismann's leg. At the time that happened (I was a kid and still a big football fan) we hadn't really seen anything like it. Now-a-days, it's pretty routine to see an injury that gruesome. The league and ESPN keep telling us that the game has never been more safe for players. While I do think that certain rule changes that they've made, combined with equipment upgrades and emphasis on certain playing techniques are all good, IMO, the game also needs to get serious about curbing PED use.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe the other 80 are from other sports and it's just been assumed all along that this only deals with baseball players?? Or maybe he's just an ass. :D

Or maybe Tiger Woods and Lebron count for 40 a piece. There. I said it.

Or maybe Tiger Woods and Lebron count for 40 a piece. There. I said it.

Have you seen the new pictures of Lebron? All you have to do is google Lebron James Skinny. Yeah that's just a no carb diet. ok. There is a reason he left Miami. I'm thinking rumored players from before are now going to be suspended. Valencia. Cano? Really anybody affiliated with Miami. I really hope Manny is not involved. As for the number 85. It's not just going to be baseball players. It's going to be NBA and NFL guys along with probably everyone at the U and people like Tiger. The only basketball player I can remember getting busted for PED's is Juan Dixon in Europe. Why is baseball the only part of the witch hunt?

Archived