Amaro says team may not be a contender for 15 and 16.

Redskins Rick

• Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. said yesterday that the team may not be able to field a contender over the next two seasons, in an interview with Angelo Cataldi of the 94WIP Morning Show (via CBS Philly). His comments certainly seem to represent some movement from earlier statements. ?We may have to step backwards to step forwards and that?s also part of the plan here, is to understand that ? listen, we may not be a contender in ?15 and ?16,? said Amaro. ?? We?re going to have to make changes to get better.? The Phils? head baseball man indicated that a shift in thinking was in play. ?We?re going to have to find creative ways to do it,? Amaro said. ?I mean, obviously we?re going to be hopeful that we can do some things internally. We?re looking into the Cuban market, we?re looking into a variety of different ways to improve the club. And it may be through trades. It may be through signings.?

Source; MLBTR

The Phillies didnt' try too hard to sell either.

Amaro is clueless at the helm of that sinking ship.

• Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. said yesterday that the team may not be able to field a contender over the next two seasons, in an interview with Angelo Cataldi of the 94WIP Morning Show (via CBS Philly). His comments certainly seem to represent some movement from earlier statements."BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH" said Amaro. "BLAH BLAH BLAH." The Phils? head baseball man indicated that a shift in thinking was in play. "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH" Amaro said. "I mean, BLAH BLAH BLAH. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. BLAH BLAH. BLAH."

I'm sorry, I wasn't listening.

Hammels has been claimed off of waivers but a team. Any chance this is the Orioles? I seriously doubt it, I'm not sure how the waiver claim wire works but I doubt the Orioles would have one of the first shots at him. Sucks because Hammels would be money for the Os.

Hammels has been claimed off of waivers but a team. Any chance this is the Orioles? I seriously doubt it, I'm not sure how the waiver claim wire works but I doubt the Orioles would have one of the first shots at him. Sucks because Hammels would be money for the Os.

No, his train has left the station here, no need for a return visit.

He is available for a good reason.

No, his train has left the station here, no need for a return visit.

He is available for a good reason.

Ouch foot in mouth. I didnt realize his inter league splits and how poorly he has pitched at the Yard (12.60 ERA).

Ouch foot in mouth. I didnt realize his inter league splits and how poorly he has pitched at the Yard (12.60 ERA).

He only pitched at the Yard one time and that was his rookie year in 2006 i dount think those numbers mean a thing. Philly is a hitters friendly place as well.

Really surprised they didn't do more before the trade deadline.

They tried but couldn't. Utley, Rollins, and Howard all have untradable contracts. Hammels was the only player they could get anything for and the blew it.

They tried but couldn't. Utley, Rollins, and Howard all have untradable contracts. Hammels was the only player they could get anything for and the blew it.

Bastardo, Byrd, Ruiz. They didn't make any effort to do a thing. Nobody is going to bail them out in the offseason either. They may be able to get a good return on Hamels, but there is a lot of FA SP on the market.

Archived