The guy I keep waiting for: Schoop

Frobby

What's good to see and you hear it in his interviews is he is really focussed on having a good approach at the plate. Laying off the junk early on in counts to get in good hitters counts so he can do damage. I think his upside as a hitter is tremendous.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Three dingers in the first nine games for Schoop. I'm seeing some good progress from him this year.
I didn't like Schoop being a regular last year. He seemed to be a "good field-no hit" sort of guy. But now his potential is coming to some realization. He's going to get better, I think.

I liked the deep fly into right center almost as much as the homer. If Schoop starts driving the outside pitch the other way, he'l be that much better.

For sure. He hit that ball where it was pitched, similar to Davis. I really like Machado and Schoop back-to-back in the 6th and 7th spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just remember I told you. Jon Schoop will be an All Star within the next two years.

Keeps on hitting like this Roy and playing a solid 2B. May be earlier than that. It will be tough though to beat big names like Cano and Pedroia out on the ballot but I think he's definitely someone who is making his name known around the league. Happy for him. He plays with such joy at there and he's my mother's favorite player.

I didn't like Schoop being a regular last year. He seemed to be a "good field-no hit" sort of guy. But now his potential is coming to some realization. He's going to get better, I think.

It didn't bug me, they didn't have much else and he had a great ST and defensively was an upgrade over what they had the previous two seasons.

Archived