Dooooook Loooooses

Pedro Cerrano

They are a sweet 16 team and will be a top 2 or 3 seed..Same thing i said last year when everyone jumped on me.

Their defense, much like UCLA last year, will have to carry them.

They need Paulus to play better and they need one of the freshman to become a consistent scorer.

McRoberts and Nelson will both be on the first or second team ALL ACC, so they need the secondary players to do something.

Mark this thread, they will not be a #2 or 3...Not this year, the talent just isn't there.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark this thread, they will not be a #2 or 3...Not this year, the talent just isn't there.

I disagree. This team is much more talented than last years, just doesn't have the experience. This is a very talented team but it is very young talent and it takes time.

I actually think they are poised for an early exit. They are exactly the type of overrated team to get upset in the first or second round. They'll get a 4 or 5 seed after about a 10-6 ACC record.

Agreed, a 4 or 5 because of their name. The same reason they were #5 going into this game.

I actually think they are poised for an early exit. They are exactly the type of overrated team to get upset in the first or second round. They'll get a 4 or 5 seed after about a 10-6 ACC record.

I know it happened once in the tourney but Duke doesn't lose to mid majors like George Mason or Weber St.

Now, they could definitely lose in the second round. They will play the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC or Big East or something like that and could certainly lose.

However, as the young talent gets more experience and if they continue to play their lock down defense, they are going to be tough to beat.

I disagree. This team is much more talented than last years, just doesn't have the experience. This is a very talented team but it is very young talent and it takes time.

Not this year, I'm telling you. I've only seen 5 games of theirs so far, but I am so unimpressed it's scary. I actually think Maryland is better.

Agreed, a 4 or 5 because of their name. The same reason they were #5 going into this game.

They started off ranked #5 because while everyone around them loses, they continue to win and they have beaten some quality teams.

No way they are a top 5 team. Heck, they aren't one of the 10 best teams in the country. But they are amongst the top 11-20 and can beat anyone and will be very dangerous come tourney time.

I know it happened once in the tourney but Duke doesn't lose to mid majors like George Mason or Weber St.

Now, they could definitely lose in the second round. They will play the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC or Big East or something like that and could certainly lose.

However, as the young talent gets more experience and if they continue to play their lock down defense, they are going to be tough to beat.

I love it, but it wont even be fun this year, we're so much better right now it's not even funny.

No way. Other than McRoberts and Nelson, they are talent-poor. Thei freshmen are OK, but not the types to make enough of a difference by year's end. There isn't a Hansborough among them who can put this team on his back.

They have no go-to guy like Reddick, they have no enforecer like SheWill, and they have no senior leader who can keep them grounded.

Yes, I think a 4 or 5 is right, and I agree it'll be on name as much as anything.

This has turned out to be quite a day so far. #1, #5, #8, #17 all knocked off so far.

If Carolina can hold serve at home against FSU, we're looking at being the #1 team in the country on Monday. Thank you Oregon.

I love it, but it wont even be fun this year, we're so much better right now it's not even funny.

With what you brought back and brought in, i would hope you are better.

But if we get to the sweet 16, our season is a huge success.

If you guys don't make the final 4, yours is a failure.

No way. Other than McRoberts and Nelson, they are talent-poor. Thei freshmen are OK, but not the types to make enough of a difference by year's end. There isn't a Hansborough among them who can put this team on his back.

They have no go-to guy like Reddick, they have no enforecer like SheWill, and they have no senior leader who can keep them grounded.

Yes, I think a 4 or 5 is right, and I agree it'll be on name as much as anything.

This has turned out to be quite a day so far. #1, #5, #8, #17 all knocked off so far.

If Carolina can hold serve at home against FSU, we're looking at being the #1 team in the country on Monday. Thank you Oregon.

We'll be #1 for now, but we're not running the table in the ACC, even if we are by far the best team.

Oh give me a break.

It is not more talented than last year's team. You lost Redick and Williams. None of your recruits make up for that. You can sugar coat your argument with claims about potential, et al. But this is not a better team, and won't be a better team by year's end. And not making the Final Four last year was a real wasted opportunity.

As for the other topics, they will be anywhere between a 2-4 seed. And when they get bounced will depend largely on their draw. Because of Paulus, this Duke team relies heavily on matchups at the guard position. A team like Gonzaga for example, with smaller guards and slow down offense, fits Duke's style this year and Paulus ineptitude at the point can be concealed. More physical, larger guards (like Marquette and VaTech) are going to punk Paulus up and down the floor.

As for the schedule, it doesn't really matter, all ACC teams end up playing very tough schedule- whether the stats reflect that or not.

With what you brought back and brought in, i would hope you are better.

But if we get to the sweet 16, our season is a huge success.

If you guys don't make the final 4, yours is a failure.

I dont think Coach K would agree that the sweet 16 would be a success. Not a failure, but dissapointing, yes.

Archived