Dooooook Loooooses

Pedro Cerrano

Oh give me a break.

It is not more talented than last year's team. You lost Redick and Williams. None of your recruits make up for that. You can sugar coat your argument with claims about potential, et al. But this is not a better team, and won't be a better team by year's end. And not making the Final Four last year was a real wasted opportunity.

As for the other topics, they will be anywhere between a 2-4 seed. And when they get bounced will depend largely on their draw. Because of Paulus, this Duke team relies heavily on matchups at the guard position. A team like Gonzaga for example, with smaller guards and slow down offense, fits Duke's style this year and Paulus ineptitude at the point can be concealed. More physical, larger guards (like Marquette and VaTech) are going to punk Paulus up and down the floor.

As for the schedule, it doesn't really matter, all ACC teams end up playing very tough schedule- whether the stats reflect that or not.

The ACC schedule yes, but the out of conference schedule and K's refusal to play on the road has always bothered me.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They started off ranked #5 because while everyone around them loses, they continue to win and they have beaten some quality teams.

No way they are a top 5 team. Heck, they aren't one of the 10 best teams in the country. But they are amongst the top 11-20 and can beat anyone and will be very dangerous come tourney time.

As the saying goes, any given day.

But they are not that dangerous. Really.

This is one of the most vulnerable Duke team's I've seen in years because of Paulus.

I'm really going to have to call homerism on your claims here. I guess time will tell, but I can't see how any fan can look at this year's team and be "excited" about their chances of making a tourney run.

We'll be #1 for now, but we're not running the table in the ACC, even if we are by far the best team.

No, we're too young. We'll hit a few bumps in the road.

But I expect to win the conference by at least 2 games. There isn't anohter team that can even challenge. I wouldn't be surprised to see dook in a pack of about 3 or 4 others who are all 10-6 or 9-7. I'd include Maryland, BC, Clemson, and maybe GT in that group. And UVA, VaTech, and FSU will be in the 8-8 or 7-9 group. Wake, Miami, and State are going to be bottomfeeders.

This Duke team will produce more pro prospects than last years team did IMO.

You mean this freshman class will produce more than last year's senior class.

And this really has nothing to do with what is being said about THIS YEAR'S team and their vulnerability.

If this makes you feel better fine, but those fruits will not come to bear this year.

McRoberts and Henderson are the only ones I see. Not bad, but not better than Shelden and JJ.

Nelson will be as well.

Zoubek will probably develop over the next 4 years and with his size, will be there as well.

Scheyer has a chance, as does the forgotten Lance Thomas who many have said is in that Rodman/Wallace mold.

You mean this freshman class will produce more than last year's senior class.

And this really has nothing to do with what is being said about THIS YEAR'S team and their vulnerability.

If this makes you feel better fine, but those fruits will not come to bear this year.

Try reading what i said..I am talking about just pure talent.

Again, you are being blind. Last year they were on the road alot. This year, those games were home.

You are wrong about this.

I mean the REAL ROAD, not Gonzaga in MSG, Davidson in Charlotte...etc. Someone else's gym, look it up, they dont do it. I'm telling you.

The ACC schedule yes, but the out of conference schedule and K's refusal to play on the road has always bothered me.

I don't know Duke's schedule of year's past, but I've never heard of this refusal to travel before. And I've really never heard anyone say Duke plays a soft schedule. So you're on your own on this...

Nelson will be as well.

Zoubek will probably develop over the next 4 years and with his size, will be there as well.

Scheyer has a chance, as does the forgotten Lance Thomas who many have said is in that Rodman/Wallace mold.

No way on Nelson, cant argue the others because I havent seen them enough. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt until i do.

I don't know Duke's schedule of year's past, but I've never heard of this refusal to travel before. And I've really never heard anyone say Duke plays a soft schedule. So you're on your own on this...

It's a fact, they travel, I'm not saying that, but they NEVER go to someone elses gym during preseason. Brian, back me up brother!

McRoberts and Henderson are the only ones I see. Not bad, but not better than Shelden and JJ.

It's possible these freshmen could be pros eventually. Not Scheyer, but Henderson for sure, and maybe Lance Thomas. And Zoubek is big enough to play for someone. I mean, hell, if Alaa Abdelnaby could make a pro team, why not Brian Zoubek?

But even if this team produces more pros, it means nothing more than that last year's team was incredibly shallow. Why else did they lose? They had no one to turn to when JJ got cold. It was 2 guys and a bunch of others standing around watching. The fact that McRoberts was such a non-factor last year says it all.

But in the end, the number of pros on this year's team will be irrelevant, because only 1 guy on this year's team is ready for the pros now. And that means they are far from an elite team, and they are poised for a bigtime upset.

I mean the REAL ROAD, not Gonzaga in MSG, Davidson in Charlotte...etc. Someone else's gym, look it up, they dont do it. I'm telling you.

And you are wrong.

Do me a favor, tell me which mid majors the Tarheels have played a "real road" game against anytime recently.

BTW, i guess you missed Duke in Bloomington last year, at GTOwn, at Temple and when they play at St Johns.

Archived