If we were fortunate enough to make the World Series, how would you feel about playing the Nats?

Frobby

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C'mon guys O's Nat's would just be a lot of fun! Plus the spotlight on the O's would be bigger than any other opponent due to the great story line of the Beltway Series.

and in regards to the name I think everyone just needs to accept that it would be called a beltway series even though of course there are two beltways not one.

I think its better as well because "the beltway" is a common experience to those who live all over Baltimore-Washington. I understand that the Parkway connects the two cities but unless you live directly between the two cities your not on that road much. Coming from Annapolis I have much more experience with both Beltways than I do the Parkway.

They should call it "Why is there so much ***** traffic on these ****** roads? I **** hate this ******! *****!!!!!!!!! Series"

People need to put something in perspective. In the MLB post-season, there isn't much of rhyme of reason as to who advances in each round. We're talking about a 3-5 game and a 4-7 game series. Good teams lose three out of five game all the time over the course of the season, to really bad teams too. What makes people think that the best team won't lose three of five against one of the best teams in the league?

So let's say that each round is 50-50 (not saying it actually is, but it's not too far off from that). So we're only talking about a 1/16 chance that the Orioles even meet the Nationals. I'd say even compensating for the fact that that the Orioles and Nationals are above teams may still put the odds around 1/16 because the Angels are probably a little better than the Orioles, and we'd still have to get passed them in the ALCS, if they make it that far. And as far as the Nationals go, the Dodgers may be a little favored over them because the Nationals pitching staff is more flat 1-5, and the Dodgers is more top heavy, with the extra rest giving Kershaw more of an opportunity to pitch a higher percentage of the team's games.

• 2 weeks later...
I was at the Zimmerman no hitter for a bachelor party. Nats park is interesting, but I felt disconnected from the game on the field.

Hell of a catch by the rookie for the final out. Otherwise the Nats are still wholly unimpressive.

Dan, man, you have to give credit where credit is due.

They finished the 2014 season, with the exact same record as the Orioles.

I was at the Zimmerman no hitter for a bachelor party. Nats park is interesting, but I felt disconnected from the game on the field.

Hell of a catch by the rookie for the final out. Otherwise the Nats are still wholly unimpressive.

My wife's company has a box at Nats Park right behind home plate, somewhere in the middle decks. They hand out tickets on some kind of lottery basis, and she got two tickets earlier this year. When you sit down at the seats/tables outside the box to watch the game you have to be about 6' 3" to actually see home plate over the railings and the tables on which to eat all the free food. I got the distinct impression that this was like a lot of minor league baseball - a place to hang out, eat, drink when someone gives you tickets, and (oh, by the way) there's a ballgame going on in the background.

Personally, I would love it. As a Northern Virginian, I've taken some grief from family especially for not embracing the Nats when they moved here. I just don't like them

even as a "second" team. I guess it comes to not really liking Harper, can't stand their broadcasters, and I really don't like Nats fans giving me crap for choosing to stay

with the team that made me fall in love with this sport.

I couldn't have said this much better. I'm in Montgomery Co...surrounded by Nats fans (former O's fans) that make it their pastime to bash the O's and Angelos...and ridicule any fan willing to stick with the O's.

It sucks.

I really couldn't care less about the Nats...I do find their announcers (specifically F.P. Santagelo) really annoying...I think Nats Park is meh, cold and sterile.

Frankly, a Nats/Os WS would be insanity in this area...but most of all I just want the O's to win it all...doesn't matter to me who they play.

Their strength of schedule was one of the worst in all of baseball. They have some good pitching, though. It was cool to witness my first no-hitter, but I wish it had been at an O's game! No one around me seemed to know it was happening until like the 7th inning.

I saw an article a few weeks or months ago that detailed when you should start caring about a no-hitter. My guess previously was that it was roughly exponential or logarithmic, and that you'd have to be into the 7th or 8th before it was more likely than not to happen. And the real data was about like that, even after 8 full no-hit innings you only have about a 50-50 shot at seeing a no hitter, and after 6 it's like 1-in-30 or 1-in-50 or something.

It's a weird place. Where we sat there was no separation or wall between the seats and the concourse. In that way, it was kind of cool and reminiscent of a minor league ballpark. But I agree about the ballgame in the background thing. You aren't immersed like you are at Camden Yards.

The surrounding area is very bizarre - repurposed industrial zone basically. They're doing a pretty good job with what they have down there, but the stadium sort of springs up like this monolithic structure surrounded by... not a lot. It was interesting to see.

I agree. I found the place impressive in some regards (the stadium 'feels' big, choice of food and open concourse) but at the same time I didn't feel it had the charm, atmosphere or connection to the game you get at OPACY. And about the open concourse....because it is designed to let you keep watching the game, all that it meant was if it was hot the place was constantly packed and it was hard to move around. The **** little TV's in the OPACY concourse may not be great, but it means that you can get to the food sellers quickly and then back to your seat... :)

I agree. I found the place impressive in some regards (the stadium 'feels' big, choice of food and open concourse) but at the same time I didn't feel it had the charm, atmosphere or connection to the game you get at OPACY. And about the open concourse....because it is designed to let you keep watching the game, all that it meant was if it was hot the place was constantly packed and it was hard to move around. The **** little TV's in the OPACY concourse may not be great, but it means that you can get to the food sellers quickly and then back to your seat... :)

Open concourses are overrated, IMHO. They have them down here in Miami. You really can't see the whole field unless you are at the very edge of the concourse by the seating bowl. If you are in line at the concessions, you only see part of the field.

I have this feeling that if we play the Nats, we are going to kick their butts. Not just saying that, I just have a feeling that the Orioles have the way better bats. I am even going to go far enough to say this is my prediction for who will meet in the world series. And I would love to see it go far into the series, unfortunately I feel this Orioles sweep coming if it happens! I almost would rather have a greater challenge having to face the Dodgers, who I think would match up way better with the O's.

Archived