Predict Jake Arrieta's line today

CanadianOriole

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, he is pitching a good game. Would you really prefer him over Gausman though over the rest of their careers? I still expect Gausman to be better.

I'd prefer to have both...which we should.

DD has not made many mistakes since taking over. This was one of them. Not sure how anyone could rationally argue otherwise.

DD has not made many mistakes since taking over. This was one of them. Not sure how anyone could rationally argue otherwise.

So you would have been fine watching a guy pitch with that 7 ERA and 1.70 WHIP last season. It amazes me people say it is a mistake when over 2012 and 2013 he had an ERA of a touchdown on a seasons worth of starts.

You can say that now after we didn't make postseason last year and or keep Feldman. Do you think he would have been in out starting rotation this year?, even if he had pitched well in the minors last year. No question a great trade for the Cubs, a little similar to our dealing Koji to Texas.

So you would have been fine watching a guy pitch with that 7 ERA and 1.70 WHIP last season. It amazes me people say it is a mistake when over 2012 and 2013 he had an ERA of a touchdown on a seasons worth of starts.

No. Obviously my comments are based on having the Arrieta we are seeing today. Whether Wallace would have been able to turn him around is indeed speculative.

All I'm saying is that given the Arrieta of today, and how last year played out, it was a mistake. Is that born with the benefit of a lot of hindsight? Sure. But it doesn't change the analysis that the trade was lopsided and bad for the Orioles in the long run.

No. Obviously my comments are based on having the Arrieta we are seeing today. Whether Wallace would have been able to turn him around is indeed speculative.

All I'm saying is that given the Arrieta of today, and how last year played out, it was a mistake. Is that born with the benefit of a lot of hindsight? Sure. But it doesn't change the analysis that the trade was lopsided and bad for the Orioles in the long run.

You can't say a trade is bad or good after you see the results especially when you have a guy that was 26 at thetime traded and was on a continued down turn over his career. I'd like having Alfredo Simon, Pat Nessheck, Jayson Werth but sometimes you have to trade guys that are not performing or not a fit for your team.

You can't say a trade is bad or good after you see the results especially when you have a guy that was 26 at thetime traded and was on a continued down turn over his career. I'd like having Alfredo Simon, Pat Nessheck, Jayson Werth but sometimes you have to trade guys that are not performing or not a fit for your team.

Not a fit for your team???? This isn't football. There are no systems. You suit up and play.

We can be annoyed if he is suddenly a great starter but I don't see how we could possibly have regrets. We gave him every chance. He was 27 and had made 63 replacement level starts over 4 years and pitched poorly in the minors in the last 2 years. If he is suddenly a perennial All-Star you have to just chalk that up as an act of God.

Well said. If he pitched well today, trading him would have been the worst decision ever. If he pitched poorly, it would have been a great decision to get rid of him. I expected a lot of I told you so's either way.

Good for Arrieta. I hope this leads Duquette to rethink his questionably misguided organizational pitching philosophies.

Because our pitching has been awful recently? I don't understand why people think that Jake would be doing the same thing if he were still an Oriole. He had plenty of chances here, he did not take advantage of them. Good for him, but we need to move on.

Because our pitching has been awful recently? I don't understand why people think that Jake would be doing the same thing if he were still an Oriole. He had plenty of chances here, he did not take advantage of them. Good for him, but we need to move on.

Seconded. Hindsight-whining is basically the worst kind of whining, especially since (I'd wager that) most of the people who'd argue that Arrieta shouldn't have been traded weren't complaining at all at the time he actually was traded.

Not a fit for your team???? This isn't football. There are no systems. You suit up and play.

Buck did not like Arrieta's attitude from some reports and how he would make comments after the game. That is not a fit for this team that along with his performance is the reasons why he was shipped out.

Archived