You have to trade for a new 3B, right?

JohnD

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a thought to add... the player has to play in the majors for one game right or just on 40 man roster to make it to playoff roster?

Cause we do have Urrutia and Berry.

The player just has to be on the 40 man roster. And would serve as an injury replacement for someone.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Machado has a partial tear in his knee ligament. Last year it was ruptured so not as bad in this knee. Similar timeframe though.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">August 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>As for external options, Duq said it's a very limited pool at this point. Said team has won without Manny as guys have stepped up.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Machado has a partial tear in his knee ligament. Last year it was ruptured so not as bad in this knee. Similar timeframe though.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>As for external options, Duq said it's a very limited pool at this point. Said team has won without Manny as guys have stepped up.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

That pretty much puts the external 3B idea to rest. Dan speak for not going to happen.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duquette said trade options for 3B are limited because its difficult to get players thru trade waivers at this point of the season. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

Let me preface this with, I love what DD and Buck have done. However, they both specifically said that not making a deal at the trade deadline was no big deal because 'A ton of moves could be made through waivers". Now we get this. Stop, just stop. Not having Manny may not kill us but going and getting Beltre will help us kill others. I think Beltre makes us a significant WS contender. I'm over the "Smoke screens" that the Front Office is having. It's tiring, annoying, and our beat writers don't do anything to try and get information.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duquette said trade options for 3B are limited because its difficult to get players thru trade waivers at this point of the season. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

Let me preface this with, I love what DD and Buck have done. However, they both specifically said that not making a deal at the trade deadline was no big deal because 'A ton of moves could be made through waivers". Now we get this. Stop, just stop. Not having Manny may not kill us but going and getting Beltre will help us kill others. I think Beltre makes us a significant WS contender. I'm over the "Smoke screens" that the Front Office is having. It's tiring, annoying, and our beat writers don't do anything to try and get information.

Trading/not trading is likely (MUCH) more nuanced than anything/everything you hear in the press. And I don't think the O's interests would be served by having DD announce to the public: "we'd LOVE to make a trade. Hey GMs, call me. I'm open for business, and slightly desperate!"

Archived