Our season is over! We're the next 2011 Red Sox! O, woe is us! (aka The Loser Lap)

PeteU

It's posts like this, sarcasm or not, which I don't read it as such, that made me say I should stay off here today. But alas, they lost ONE SERIES. Three days ago people couldn't be happier, and now garbage like this gets spread.

You shouldn't stay off the OH, you should just stay out of the anti-victory lap thread if you don't enjoy reading posts trying to off-set the devastation of the victory lap thread. This is a full on reverse jinx type thread, you should know. :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You shouldn't stay off the OH, you should just stay out of the anti-victory lap thread if you don't enjoy reading posts trying to off-set the devastation of the victory lap thread. This is a full on reverse jinx type thread, you should know. :)

Anti-victory lap threads makin' me mad! :cussing: I promise to recuse myself in the future! :leaving:

Three games and this place has completely caved in. We were on top of the world three games ago. Get a freaking grip.

It's just a perfect storm of bad, is all. Machado (largely our second or third best player) was declared officially out for the year, and the team looked the absolute worst it has all season, against one of the worst teams in the league.

Combine that with the fact that 15 years of losing have left the majority of fans with absolutely no real confidence in this club to speak of... and this reaction is about what should have been expected.

This could be a good week to rebuild confidence, however. O's have an extended stay at home against two beatable teams, and the Yankees play 7 straight games on the road against KC, Detroit and Toronto.

Losing the division to the Yankees is going to be a tough pill to swallow, but they now have an equivalent or superior player at every position on the diamond. We can't beat the Cubs, we will see if we can steal enough games from the Rays and Yankees to back into the playoffs.

The O's have a superior center fielder, and DH/occasional LF. And better pitching. Other than that I'm afraid you're right.

The O's have a superior center fielder, and DH/occasional LF. And better pitching. Other than that I'm afraid you're right.

Are we going to pretend that JJ Hardy doesn't possess a significantly better OPS and immeasurably better defense than Derek Jeter?

(Clears throat)

Okay, not really. I'm just trying to do a complete 180 from some of our, um, premature exuberation in the hopes to steer us back to the course of destiny we had once been on.

Excuse me but what happened to the thread created prior to the Cubs series starting? You know, the one that celebrated victory for the Orioles in winning the division? Where is it? Did this get deleted? Someone please let me know. Thanks.

. . . sarcasm or not, which I don't read it as such . . .

How could you not read as ironic/sarcastic a post that says "Okay, not really"? :confused:

I think practically every Oriole fan is still finding it hard to comprehend (from lack of experience) that the O's had a 9-game lead in August, remains confident that they are likely to win the AL East, and has had that confidence shaken in the past three days by the loss of Machado for the season and the lack of appealing 3B alternatives, plus three days of offensive ineptness in which the Cubs looked like a far superior team.

I guess there are different ways to deal with that, and I thought the OP was a good one, in light of the Victory Lap flap.

Zelous Wheeler? Derek Jeetuh? Brett Freakin' Gardner? Carlos (Five Hour Energy) Beltran???? Gimme a freakin' break! :angryfire:

Archived