Our season is over! We're the next 2011 Red Sox! O, woe is us! (aka The Loser Lap)

PeteU

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, I get that we won last night, but really O's? No runs after the 5th inning yesterday? That is just not gonna cut it in the playoffs....IF we even make it!

:D

Plus the rules change in the playoffs and home runs stop counting. Or so I've been told ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus the rules change in the playoffs and home runs stop counting. Or so I've been told ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't stop counting, they tend to stop happening with guys like Kershaw, Felix, Scherzer, etc, on the mound.

They don't stop counting, they tend to stop happening with guys like Kershaw, Felix, Scherzer, etc, on the mound.

I hear what you're saying, and this post is not direct at you Gordo, but its about high time that the talking heads start realizing that the Birds of Baltimore have some pretty damn good starters too. Just because we're not common household names or on ESPN doesn't mean we can't hold our own. I'll take our starters and match them up with any staff in the AL right now.

I hear what you're saying, and this post is not direct at you Gordo, but its about high time that the talking heads start realizing that the Birds of Baltimore have some pretty damn good starters too. Just because we're not common household names or on ESPN doesn't mean we can't hold our own. I'll take our starters and match them up with any staff in the AL right now.
Wrong thread for this kind of talk. I think we are trying to expunge a curse here not start a new one.

Detroit and their vaulted SP staff, might not even make the playoffs.

This is the same team that some posters said outclassed the Orioles.

Zelous Wheeler? Derek Jeetuh? Brett Freakin' Gardner? Carlos (Five Hour Energy) Beltran???? Gimme a freakin' break! :angryfire:

“I’m not particularly hopeful,” he said. “It’s possible the best we can do is piece it together. … Teams that are willing to pay down a contract usually want some kind of talent in return, and that’s where we may have a problem.”

Losing the division to the Yankees is going to be a tough pill to swallow, but they now have an equivalent or superior player at every position on the diamond. We can't beat the Cubs, we will see if we can steal enough games from the Rays and Yankees to back into the playoffs.

This isn't "ESPN Yankee favoritism"-like.

This is, "Let me post something so outrageous, and see if anybody notices"-like.

The O's have a superior center fielder, and DH/occasional LF. And better pitching. Other than that I'm afraid you're right.
Zelous Wheeler? Derek Jeetuh? Brett Freakin' Gardner? Carlos (Five Hour Energy) Beltran???? Gimme a freakin' break! :angryfire:

You should read the post that he was responding to:

Losing the division to the Yankees is going to be a tough pill to swallow, but they now have an equivalent or superior player at every position on the diamond. We can't beat the Cubs, we will see if we can steal enough games from the Rays and Yankees to back into the playoffs.

Maybe ...... just maybe ........ after beating the Yankees 8 times out of 11 so far this season, the Orioles might be able to steal a game or 2 from them in the 8 that they left to play against them, and somehow ...... I know it's a longshot, but somehow ...... the Orioles could find a way to back into the playoffs.

Archived