Can D. Young upgrade 3b?

vab

I love the job Delmon Young has done for us but he may be a luxury we can no longer afford. I think he would be a fairly attractive piece, especially for a NL team where he can do a lot of pinch hitting which he has been great at this year. Can D. Young be swapped for a backup 3b who could upgrade that spot for us?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the job Delmon Young has done for us but he may be a luxury we can no longer afford. I think he would be a fairly attractive piece, especially for a NL team where he can do a lot of pinch hitting which he has been great at this year. Can D. Young be swapped for a backup 3b who could upgrade that spot for us?

If you are the Yankees why would you let any third basemen get past you on the waiver wire?

If you are the Yankees why would you let any third basemen get past you on the waiver wire?

I'm sure some low level 3b have already cleared waivers. It wont be hard to replace .189 and .193.

No. We can't get anyone that has not already passed through waivers. Anyone.

I'm sure some low level 3b have already cleared waivers. It wont be hard to replace .189 and .193.

I'll answer this because I don't want to give you a hard time. The two third-basemen that can be traded for are Beltre and ARod.

I'll answer this because I don't want to give you a hard time. The two third-basemen that can be traded for are Beltre and ARod.

You have no clue who has cleared waivers. No one knew Gordon Beckham cleared until he was traded. Someone like Matt Dominguez type player might have already cleared waivers.

You have no clue who has cleared waivers. No one knew Gordon Beckham cleared until he was traded. Someone like Matt Dominguez type player might have already cleared waivers.

No one knew? No one? Every team knew he had cleared.

D Young would have to clear all AL teams before he would go through the NL teams on the waiver list. Doubtful he would make it through.

See you really don't understand this do you?

2014 Contract Status: Pre-Arb Eligible, 1 yr/$510k (14) (details) [*]

Service Time (01/2014): 1.062, Arb Eligible: 2016

Even with his .665 lifetime OPS and his .614 2014 OPS...he has no cost at all. None. Everyone claimed him.

Beckham on the other hand is VERY expensive.

2014 Contract Status: 2nd-Year Arb Eligible, 1 yr/$4.18M

He will be non tendered.

He has also had a sub .600 OPS for two years.

How do you know who has cleared waivers and who hasn't? Is there some list somewhere? Or are you just pulling stuff out of your service entrance as usual?

How do you know who has cleared waivers and who hasn't? Is there some list somewhere? Or are you just pulling stuff out of your service entrance as usual?

I never thought I'd live to see an actual meeting of the pot and kettle. Surprised there aren't balloons or something.

Anyway, stuff gets leaked to the press. That's how it's known that Beltre cleared waivers.

Archived