Can D. Young upgrade 3b?

vab

Who said anything about the FO being stupid? Can you quote that for me? I am saying that there may be some players like perhaps Valbuena, who have cleared waivers and could give us better than .180 BA at 3B and plus defense. That's a low bar and maybe not someone the Yankees would even bother blocking. Are you saying the FO people aren't even looking? How would you know?

You think the Yankees would not want to claim Valbuena? You think the Cubs would just let him go? You are grasping.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He wouldn't if I were managing. I'd tell him frankly that he isn't helping the team and he has to work on shortening his swing, hitting the other way and up the middle, etc. and until I heard from Presley that he was making progress, he was benched. Flaherty couldn't hit worse than he is now and plays better defense. Hopefully I could find someone who hits better than Flaherty.

I believe that if we had a real third baseman that Davis would play first except against tough lefty starters.

Who said anything about the FO being stupid? Can you quote that for me? I am saying that there may be some players like perhaps Valbuena, who have cleared waivers and could give us better than .180 BA at 3B and plus defense. That's a low bar and maybe not someone the Yankees would even bother blocking. Are you saying the FO people aren't even looking? How would you know?

Find me one that is reported to be available anywhere. Don't just grasp. Just because you and I don't know does not mean no one does.

D Young would have to clear all AL teams before he would go through the NL teams on the waiver list. Doubtful he would make it through.

That's the lightbulb that went on for me. Suppose we package Phelps, Harvey and Bundy for Beltre. Who's going to let those three go through waivers unclaimed?

That's the lightbulb that went on for me. Suppose we package Phelps, Harvey and Bundy for Beltre. Who's going to let those three go through waivers unclaimed?

Texas has waiver priority as the worst team in the AL so it wouldn't matter who we wanted to trade off the major league roster.

Texas has first shot of claiming any AL 40 man roster player placed on revocable waivers.

You think the Yankees would not want to claim Valbuena? You think the Cubs would just let him go? You are grasping.
I don't know whether the Yankees would claim him but of course we'd have to offer something of value to get him, but you miss my point. Valbuena was just an example of the kind of player we should be looking for. The bar is so low there have to be someone we can pick up that is an upgrade. BTW I am still waiting for you to show me were I said I thought the FO people were stupid. I am not grasping nearly as much as you are waffling. Is it your opinion that there are no players that have cleared waivers that could give us better than a .180 BA and average defense at 3B, that wouldn't be blocked by the Yankees?

I don't know everything. But I do know that the folks who do this for a living are not as stupid as you suppose them to be.

You do tend to talk in definites. And as someone that is actually privy to information it would be easier if you would identify what is your speculation vs. what you actually have heard.

You do tend to talk in definites. And as someone that is actually privy to information it would be easier if you would identify what is your speculation vs. what you actually have heard.

I have made it quite clear that I have heard nothing. But some of the facts are available. So everything I type is just like you. A definite speculation.

Except he claims he is not privy to information. He's just someone who likes to talk in definites even though he is mostly uncertain.

Except he claims he is not privy to information. He's just someone who likes to talk in definites even though he is mostly uncertain.

I just try not to be foolish in my speculation. I don't think we are able to get someone better than Manny. And you say someone equivalent would make no difference.

Archived