Can D. Young upgrade 3b?

vab

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gordo says losing Manny is the least of our problems. Gordo.
The way they looked today, Manny no Manny no big deal. They're toast, unless they figure out how to get on base, move runners, and knock them in. All they seem to do is hit an occasional HR. Losing Manny is the least of our problems IMO.
Here. Right here.

I just try not to be foolish in my speculation. I don't think we are able to get someone better than Manny. And you say someone equivalent would make no difference.
I am saying we should get someone better than Davis. But even upgrading to Beltre or someone like him won't help much if we don't do something about the poor OBP and situational hitting. One player is not enough.

I am not saying anything about getting someone better than Many there, where do you see that? And I am still waiting for you to show me where I said the FO was stupid.

You said that having manny would not improve us. Not a big problem. You said nothing about our front office. You assumed that some players would be available having passed through waivers. I said that the Front Offices (in baseball) are not as dumb as you must think they are.

I am saying we should get someone better than Davis. But even upgrading to Beltre or someone like him won't help much if we don't do something about the poor OBP and situational hitting. One player is not enough.

Thank you for clarifying. You think that we should do nothing then? Or that we should replace Davis at first?

You said that having manny would not improve us. Not a big problem. You said nothing about our front office. You assumed that some players would be available having passed through waivers. I said that the Front Offices (in baseball) are not as dumb as you must think they are.
You really do have a problem reading and understanding, I didn't realize. I said Manny was the least of our problems, do you see the difference? I did not say we say we should get someone better than Manny. I have not said I think the front offices are dumb. Am I wrong in assuming that some players would be available having passed though waivers, that would be an upgrade to Davis at 3B? If so how do you know that? How do you know all the players that have passed through waivers?

You really do have a problem reading and understanding, I didn't realize. I said Manny was the least of our problems, do you see the difference? I did not say we say we should get someone better than Manny. I have not said I think the front offices are dumb. Am I wrong in assuming that some players would be available having passed though waivers, that would be an upgrade to Davis at 3B? If so how do you know that? How do you know all the players that have passed through waivers?

I don't. You are right. We will get someone great and the other smart front offices will pass on them.

Tell me who you think is available for us to trade for though. I am interested in improving.

Thank you for clarifying. You think that we should do nothing then? Or that we should replace Davis at first?
I think we should bench Davis until he makes the necessary adjustments to be of some offensive use to the team. I think we should continue to play Pearce at 1B, and play Flaherty at 3B while trying to find some one who can hit better than Flaherty. I don't think that is Phelps, but who knows?

I think we should bench Davis until he makes the necessary adjustments to be of some offensive use to the team. I think we should continue to play Pearce at 1B, and play Flaherty at 3B while trying to find some one who can hit better than Flaherty. I don't think that is Phelps, but who knows?

Phelps was DFA.

Tell me who you think is available for us to trade for though. I am interested in improving.
I don't know who has cleared waivers. I am just speculating that there must be some one who has, that can play average defense at 3B, and hit better than .180. Do you think there isn't?

Archived