It's Time To Bench Chris Davis

LookitsPuck

Correct.

But, that is why they pay the game on the field and not on computer video games.

The other side is also trying their level best to win too.

If Davis had hit last night, and they still lost, people would be saying, well, so-so should have batted in the 2nd hole, instead of player x, and player y should have been on the bench.

Last time I checked, they have been playing the games on the field and that's where Davis has sucked. I understand why Buck has stuck with him. On paper it stands to reason he would eventually turn things around. But enough is enough.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is an idea

Get someone to get thru CD's thick skull that he needs to make an adjustment or two

For example:

1. Against LH pitchers especially those featuring sweeping curve balls, close your stance and move up 8-10" in the batters box. With an open stance and at the back edge of the batters box Davis can't cover a curve ball that catches the plate but is then another 8" outside by the time it reaches Davis in the back of the box. Simple geometry Chris.

2. Against all pitchers close your stance and try to hit everything, even inside fast balls to left field. Need to get that shift broken up.

3. For heavens sake, move you hands to near belt high to get rid of that hands up (pre pitch), hands go down (as pitch is in motion) and then flailing upper cut, that almost never make contact.

I'd bench him and play Flaherty until he makes a change in his approach (which is dreadful from a hitting fundamentals viewpoint).

Absent a new acquisition, Davis/Flaherty at 3B is very close to a wash, IMO. If the metrics can't be used to say Davis is bad at 3B, they can't really be used to argue that Flaherty is that much better. I'm not happy about it, but I think the O's are stuck with Davis, barring something unexpected.

Absent a new acquisition, Davis/Flaherty at 3B is very close to a wash, IMO. If the metrics can't be used to say Davis is bad at 3B, they can't really be used to argue that Flaherty is that much better. I'm not happy about it, but I think the O's are stuck with Davis, barring something unexpected.

Nice article by the OP, but I agree with this ^^^

If it was Franklin then there would be evidence of it being used before Einstein came along. Got a good century for someone to write it down.
Not suggesting it was Franklin just that it has been attributed to others, Twain as well. My point is no one knows. Except maybe you who seem to think you know it all. http://www.news.hypercrit.net/2012/11/13/einstein-on-misattribution-i-probably-didnt-say-that/

Here is an idea

Get someone to get thru CD's thick skull that he needs to make an adjustment or two

For example:

1. Against LH pitchers especially those featuring sweeping curve balls, close your stance and move up 8-10" in the batters box. With an open stance and at the back edge of the batters box Davis can't cover a curve ball that catches the plate but is then another 8" outside by the time it reaches Davis in the back of the box. Simple geometry Chris.

2. Against all pitchers close your stance and try to hit everything, even inside fast balls to left field. Need to get that shift broken up.

3. For heavens sake, move you hands to near belt high to get rid of that hands up (pre pitch), hands go down (as pitch is in motion) and then flailing upper cut, that almost never make contact.

I'd bench him and play Flaherty until he makes a change in his approach (which is dreadful from a hitting fundamentals viewpoint).

Maybe you should forward these novel ideas to Mr. Davis. I hear handwritten letters are more likely to meet with a positive response than a hastily composed email. Also, a carbon copy to Messers Presley and Showalter couldn't hurt. They're probably open to innovative thoughts that their limited experiences haven't exposed them to just yet.

Maybe you should forward these novel ideas to Mr. Davis. I hear handwritten letters are more likely to meet with a positive response than a hastily composed email. Also, a carbon copy to Messers Presley and Showalter couldn't hurt. They're probably open to innovative thoughts that their limited experiences haven't exposed them to just yet.

Did your parents have any children that lived?

I love Chris Davis... but I can't watch this any more. Losing Manny and Wieters is bad enough but injuries happen. And while no one expected 50+ dingers again CD has been completely miserable.

I can live with a top of Markakis, Pearce, Jones, and Cruz and I can live with a bottom of Hardy, 2B platoon, C platoon. That's who we are and that's the way injuries go.

However, those 5-6 spots continue to kill this team as they have in previous years. I don't blame DD or Buck. It looked like a real nice lineup this season but three big pieces are gone. I'm sure the org is scouring the Earth looking for a bat but I really do think we could be in trouble down the stretch.

Archived