Dan Connolly: Orioles Still Trying to Obtain a Lefthanded Hitting Infielder

weams

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-duquette-we-are-keeping-active-on-trade-waiver-wire-20140828,0,1907568.story

"We've been active. We are keeping active," Duquette said. "It's just, this time of the year, it's a very limited pool of players that you can add externally to your ballclub. Probably the best resource is in the minors, the minor leagues."

"We've been trying to add players to the club, strengthening the club where we can," Duquette said. "We just brought up two left-handed hitters from the minors, so we were looking for more balance to our team. We had a lot of right-handed hitters."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm nuts, but I get the feeling that Davis is about to bust out. He had a couple of pretty good AB's yesterday and I'm thinking he's finally getting some of his timing back. It appears that he's adjusted his stance a bit and hopefully, this will lead to a nice closing month of the season.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-duquette-we-are-keeping-active-on-trade-waiver-wire-20140828,0,1907568.story

"We've been active. We are keeping active," Duquette said. "It's just, this time of the year, it's a very limited pool of players that you can add externally to your ballclub. Probably the best resource is in the minors, the minor leagues."

"We've been trying to add players to the club, strengthening the club where we can," Duquette said. "We just brought up two left-handed hitters from the minors, so we were looking for more balance to our team. We had a lot of right-handed hitters."

I am not sure why we would want to add a left handed infielder we have Davis and Flaherty there already. I would think a right handed infielder would make more sense and a left handed outfielder to platoon with young would also.

Also from Kubatko?s piece, he notes that the Orioles had a potential trade fall through once word got out about Manny Machado?s season-ending knee surgery. Presumably, the Machado news meant that the other team raised its asking price. As Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reported earlier this week, O?s officials were upset that Machado?s injury status became public, as it lowered their leverage in trade talks.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/08/al-east-links-jeter-beckham-orioles.html

Also from Kubatko?s piece, he notes that the Orioles had a potential trade fall through once word got out about Manny Machado?s season-ending knee surgery. Presumably, the Machado news meant that the other team raised its asking price. As Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reported earlier this week, O?s officials were upset that Machado?s injury status became public, as it lowered their leverage in trade talks.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/08/al-east-links-jeter-beckham-orioles.html

Sounds like they were close to getting Beckham.

Maybe I'm nuts, but I get the feeling that Davis is about to bust out. He had a couple of pretty good AB's yesterday and I'm thinking he's finally getting some of his timing back. It appears that he's adjusted his stance a bit and hopefully, this will lead to a nice closing month of the season.

DON'T even talk about THAT. I've had that thought sooo.. many times this year.

I am not sure why we would want to add a left handed infielder we have Davis and Flaherty there already. I would think a right handed infielder would make more sense and a left handed outfielder to platoon with young would also.

I think the idea would be a LH hitter who is better defensively at 3B than Davis, shifting Davis back to 1B, Pearce to LF and Young out of the line-up vs. RHP.

Your lips to God's ears, we hope so.

Archived