Orioles acquire Alejandro de Aza

PaulFolk

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't even know what to say. Chalas was decent but marginal; Blackmar was working his way into being a prospect.

I'd have to say we win this trade, but both of our players could be future MLBers. Hard to say.

Yeah pretty good return for Chicago but nothing the Orioles will miss either. Win/win? Don't know what role De Aza fills really? PR could be done by Berry for 10th the cost.

Yeah pretty good return for Chicago but nothing the Orioles will miss either. Win/win? Don't know what role De Aza fills really? PR could be done by Berry for 10th the cost.

Yeah this is a head scratcher for sure. I don't feel like we lost too much, but I'm not sure what we've gained is a real upgrade, either.

I have never heard of any of the players in this trade. Theirs, ours...nada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup. Me neither. Just saw it on the TV broadcast and said....who? Dan and his deep depth.

Still time for another move but I doubt anything will happen.

De Aza was pretty good a two years ago. Took a huge step back this year in the power department.

He has definitely had red-hot streaks in the past. Also from Rotoworld:

O'ss acquire OF Alejandro De Aza from CHW

Orioles acquired OF Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox for RHPs Miguel Chalas and Mark Blackmar.

De Aza has good speed and can play all three outfield positions, making him a nice addition to the Baltimore bench for the stretch run. The 30-year-old was batting .243/.309/.354 with 15 stolen bases in 122 games this season for the White Sox. He'll be arbitration-eligible for the third and final time this winter. Chalas and Blackmar are non-prospects.

Archived