Orioles trade for Kelly Johnson and Michael Almanzar

furryburres

He has played a lot more at 2nd than LF over the years. I think he is here for his bat and flexibility.

Yes he has, but the stats show him superior in LF and Ok at second. Hard to say what his role will be. Seems like we have a lot of guys now.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This isn't right. If they're on the 40 man' date=' they're eligible. We have guys on the DL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote']

The rules clearly state those from outside the organization need to be on the active roster on the 31st. Please read one of the threads on the first page that explain the rules.

Yup. Too much going on. Easy to get confused. Still need his as the backup SS. Didn't get one of them.

They can option him for a few days and it will not count.

They only have to send him down long enough to have Johnson and de Aza on the 25 man to be playoff eligible.

Yeah posted almost identical numbers at same level as last year. No growth whatsoever. Wonder if the Orioles protect him from Rule 5 or leave him exposed since no one took him this time.

Raised his OBP at Portland from .328 to .360. It's AA, but it's progress.

The rules don't say that from what has been found. But that can be easily handled.

At this point I think the bigger thing is position players. I think Gausman will be the bridge guy in the playoffs getting the ball to Hunter or as a long man.

Tillman

Chen

Gonzo

Norris

Britton

O'Day

Miller

Hunter

Gausman

Brach

Matusz

Joseph

Pearce

Schoop

JJ

Davis

Cruz

Young

AJ

Nick

De Aza

Hundley

Lough

Flaherty

Johnson

They can option him for a few days and it will not count.

They only have to send him down long enough to have Johnson and de Aza on the 25 man to be playoff eligible.

But Flash is still the only backup SS. Better to send down Schoop for two days.

Yes he has, but the stats show him superior in LF and Ok at second. Hard to say what his role will be. Seems like we have a lot of guys now.

My guess is that his primary role is that of insurance lol

Since he can play multiple positions he just gives you another layer of insurance and a veteran bat to give some guys a blow if we wrap this thing up early

At this point I think the bigger thing is position players. I think Gausman will be the bridge guy in the playoffs getting the ball to Hunter or as a long man.

Tillman

Chen

Gonzo

Norris

Britton

O'Day

Miller

Hunter

Gausman

Brach

Matusz

Joseph