vs. Twins 9/1

weams

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't want to wade through the 44 pages of this thread but what did people think of the decision not to walk Mauer with the base open in the 8th? I understand you have Miller, who is a stud and Buck loves instilling confidence in his players, but that is the one person in their lineup that can't be us. Walk him. Go for the K against a switch hitting rookie, who had some horrible AB's during the series, or even a double play b/c he has no wheels at all. Thoughts?

Didn't want to wade through the 44 pages of this thread but what did people think of the decision not to walk Mauer with the base open in the 8th? I understand you have Miller, who is a stud and Buck loves instilling confidence in his players, but that is the one person in their lineup that can't be us. Walk him. Go for the K against a switch hitting rookie, who had some horrible AB's during the series, or even a double play b/c he has no wheels at all. Thoughts?

I think we traded ERod for a guy that can pitch to Mauer in that situation.

I also think that IBB are free baserunners for the opposition.

I think we traded ERod for a guy that can pitch to Mauer in that situation.

I also think that IBB are free baserunners for the opposition.

All true but you don't like having a force out at every base, a chance for a DP to end the inning, and a chance to pick which side of the plate their rookie slugger gets to hit from all while avoiding pitching to one of the best hitters in the game? Mauer doubled in the 6th with a base open. I know you can't IBB walk him in that situation but he wouldn't have seen a single good pitch to hit from me during that AB in the 6th and he would have gotten the IBB from me in the 8th.

2nd and 3rd with speed at 3rd and only one out. Pop up to the infield and a K are the only two things that would have kept the run from scoring.

Again, just curious what the hangout would have done. In Buck we trust. I just enjoy dissecting these important decisions.

Archived