Astros Fire Bo Porter and Dave Trembley

TonySoprano

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He have a bad game in NY while you were in attendance?
Pro scouts who saw Appel last year and this year have generally come away disappointed. Appel will show premium velocity with a fastball that sits 94-95 mph and touches 97-98 mph on his best nights. But pro scouts who saw him in the Midwest League last year said that he lacked an out pitch, didn’t exhibit much feel for pitching and generally didn’t have sharp secondary stuff to go with his fastball.

Just another of the guys that will make me look bad when they become Bud Norris.

Haven't been following the insanity that is Philly what players did what?

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/27/cole-hamels-is-the-latest-phillies-player-who-is-irked-at-ryne-sandberg/

Can't find the article that listed names but it suggested Hamels, Kendrick, Mayberry, Brown, Howard, and several others have had issues.

I feel bad for Bo and I'm kind of glad he's freed up to go elsewhere. I hope he isn't blackballed for some reason because his W-L with such a wretched team has little merit.

Someone else will benefit from the old staff's hard work and toil in mediocrity. They should have seen this coming really.

I feel bad for Bo and I'm kind of glad he's freed up to go elsewhere. I hope he isn't blackballed for some reason because his W-L with such a wretched team has little merit.

Someone else will benefit from the old staff's hard work and toil in mediocrity. They should have seen this coming really.

He and Dave won't get MLB jobs at the top again. Shame.

Evidently they lost the clubhouse.

You can't keep a manager after they lose the clubhouse.

Has anyone ever kept a manger after they lost the clubhouse?

Surely, many times. Connie Mack's later years featured his coaching staff relaying the real signs to the field, and instructing the players to ignore Connie's nonsense. But you can get away with that when you also own the team.

But it has to have happened in less strange circumstances. There have been cases where the manager lost half the clubhouse and the solution was to trade Dick Allen.

Also leads to an issue with star player-managers. If he loses the clubhouse you have to trade your star and fire the manager all at once. Lesson: don't make Rogers Hornsby your player-manager.

There have to be cases where a manager was brought in specifically to battle a messed-up clubhouse. I can't think of any off-hand, but that has to have happened at some point. Lou Brown?

They are no longer winners of the 2016 WS. As many of the national guys were promoting them.

I doubt many were that sure, most of what I read was that the Astros were turning things around and were doing many things necessary to build a solid organization. The manager who is good for building a young team is often not the best manager to lead the team into its next phase. They could certainly still be a pretty good team in a year or two.

They kept the worst parts of that band. The front office is awful.

I said this before, when I said the Astros stink and will for some time and was told that their future was very bright, lots of good prospects on the farm.

My response then and still valid, as long as their FO is the same, they will never achieve any success.

I said this before, when I said the Astros stink and will for some time and was told that their future was very bright, lots of good prospects on the farm.

My response then and still valid, as long as their FO is the same, they will never achieve any success.

They remind me of Dave Ritterpusch and his tests. God bless Flanny.

Archived