3B defense is hurtin'

Frobby

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The error on Paredes was a really tough call, IMO. Davis has picked up plenty of those throws this year, but not that one.

You bounce it, it's an error unless the 1B bails you out. Paredes also had an earlier play where he bobbled a routine grounder and then made an off-line throw that Davis snared and tagged the runner as he went by. Could have been two errors for Paredes.

I'm never going to be as happy to see Flaherty starting at 3B in my life. Holy cow.

And then, yeah, when Pearce is back we can move Davis back over there. And replace him with Flaherty in the late innings.

tumblr_inline_nagjbwXhJM1s13jr3.gif

It was not exactly dry around first base. Could have contributed to an untrue hop.

Possibly. It was just a difficult play all around. It's not like Paredes let one go through his legs. Tough pick up on a wet field, plus a throw on the run...would've been bang-bang at first even with a better throw, IMO.

I'm never going to be as happy to see Flaherty starting at 3B in my life. Holy cow.

And then, yeah, when Pearce is back we can move Davis back over there. And replace him with Flaherty in the late innings.

The value of a utility player that can literally play every position on the field

Archived