3B defense is hurtin'

Frobby

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know if we can get Cord Phelps back? Where is he?

Think about it, 10 days ago, he was the guy we wanted from Triple AAA over Paredes. He gets sent down a day or two before the Pearce injury. Did he sign with another team?

Why did we prefer him last week but not now? Or was he out of options?

Anyone know if we can get Cord Phelps back? Where is he?

Think about it, 10 days ago, he was the guy we wanted from Triple AAA over Paredes. He gets sent down a day or two before the Pearce injury. Did he sign with another team?

Why did we prefer him last week but not now? Or was he out of options?

We outrighted him.

The error on that throw was a tough call, because it didn't seem like an average effort play to me. The official scorer should not be comparing him to Manny. Would Chris Davis have made that play? I thought it was a hit.

It's tough for players to overcome a bad impression they make early on. Lough doesn't start now cause he couldn't hit the first couple of months, even though he's done well with the bat in sporadic action since then. The only reason Caleb Joseph still plays is because they had little choice but to play him.

Did Paredes just have a case of the yips for a couple of games or does he have a problem focusing? They should find out somehow before giving up on him. Maybe get him back out there as a starter once we clinch.

I think Paredes can play 3B. He should be out there taking grounders today because that's the only place he's needed on this team. If he can't do the job, it has to be Flaherty and CD. I'd prefer to let Pearce get good and rested and keep CD at 1B for now. Obliques can be nagging injuries.

Never thought I would be longing for Davis or Flaherty at third but I am.

Phelps played the last two games for the Tides after being outrighted. He didn't make the Taxi Squad so his season is over. He is a 6 year minor league FA. He probably will not be ask to come back. Mike Almanzar is probably the Tides 3B next year.

Buck Britton did make the Taxi Squad.

Slightly mystified as to what Johnson is going to bring to this team. Is he going to pinch hit for Flaherty or Schoop? I kind of doubt it. He's no good on defense. I think he's straight up injury insurance.

Just depth and lefty bat off the bench. Maybe DH against RHP if Nelson is playing LF.

Archived