Who are you rooting for in the postseason races?

Spy Fox

Four of the division races seem decided with 95% or so certainty: it seems that the Orioles, Angels, Nationals, and Cardinals, will be heading to October with division championships.

That leaves both wild cards plus the AL Central and NL West that are a bit more up for grabs.

Who are you rooting for in those races?

In the NL West I'd like for the Dodgers to pull it out. I don't feel great about rooting for the big money Dodgers but I have never liked the Giants much for some reason. Plus they have two World Series wins recently.

I'd love to see as many fresh faces as possible in the playoffs so I am also rooting for KC to grab the division crown. And for the same reason, my AL Wild Card preference would be for Seattle to pass Oakland for the 1st WC spot, then beat the A's in the WC game and move on to face LAA. (Then my ideal AL bracket would be for Seattle to beat LA and face the O's in the ALCS)

The Giants seem to have the NL Wild Card 1 locked up pretty well if they don't get the division, but I'd like the Brewers or Pirates to grab the second WC and then beat SF in the WC game. Then my NL preferences in the playoff series would be for the Nationals and/or whoever is playing the Cardinals.

What do the rest of you think? Do we even care about the non-O's games right now?

Basically all the teams that aren't boring playoff mainstays. Royals, Mariners, Brewers, Pirates. Not the Giants or the Braves or the Tigers. Definitely not the Yankees. And I definitely wish the Cardinals weren't gonna make it.

This is shaping up to be a lot more interesting than last year, when all the interesting teams died out in the first two rounds and the two most obnoxious teams ended up in the WS.

I'm hoping the Nats and the O's play in the World Series. It's just too intriguing...plus we always seem to beat them.

I also would prefer no West Coast teams vs the O's...they never play great out west.

Other than that, I really don't care. Though I will say it is refreshing to see low to mid market teams come through. Oh, and I wish the Yankees the worst.

Basically all the teams that aren't boring playoff mainstays. Royals, Mariners, Brewers, Pirates. Not the Giants or the Braves or the Tigers. Definitely not the Yankees. And I definitely wish the Cardinals weren't gonna make it.

This is shaping up to be a lot more interesting than last year, when all the interesting teams died out in the first two rounds and the two most obnoxious teams ended up in the WS.

This. I actually like and respect STL but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of them in it every year. Real disappointed with the Brewers choke job the past few weeks. Hopefully the Buccos can over take STL for the NL Central. Definitely rooting for KC in the AL Central too. There are Royals fans my age who have never even seen their team in the playoffs and I thought what I went through from 98-11 was tough.

I am rooting for the O's and Nats to be in and for the Yankees to be out. Otherwise, I don't care much. I'm not a huge Nats fan, but I'd like to see them in the World Series due to the local interest it would create here. And, so the Orioles can beat them. For me, O's beating the Nats in the WS would be the best of all possible worlds.

Archived