Chase Headley 3B & Manny SS 2015

Il BuonO

TJ surgery has a success rate closer to 90%. Exactly what surgery is Manny having?
83 % make it back to the ML according to this study: http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/study-shows-pitchers-who-get-tommy-john-surgery-almost-all-pitch-again-1.7621000 What's your source? The 70 % figure came from an XM interview with Dr. Andrews, but what does he know.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
83 % make it back to the ML according to this study: http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/study-shows-pitchers-who-get-tommy-john-surgery-almost-all-pitch-again-1.7621000 What's your source? The 70 % figure came from an XM interview with Dr. Andrews, but what does he know.

This study shows a 92% rate:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16832125

For the record 83 is closer to 90 then it is 70. :P

Lowrie is barely a league average defensive SS. If you don't care about defense at SS then move Davis to SS, his offensive numbers will still play well there.

My statement about him being a good bounce back candidate was clearly about his offensive numbers. And then I followed that up by saying he is not a good defensive SS and would be better at 3B, which is what the entire thread is about. The post about Lowrie at 3B you decided to leave out.

TJ surgery has a success rate of about 70%. Better than the kind of surgery Manny is having, I wouldn't be surprised. Would you be willing to extend Wieters over the off season, assuming he would accept a reasonable contract, before seeing he was fully recovered and able to throw as well as he did before?

There is no evidence that Wieters is willing to extend.

This study shows a 92% rate:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16832125

For the record 83 is closer to 90 then it is 70. :P

How about the subject off the thread? Whether we should move Manny to SS before he demonstrates his full recovery. No, much better trolling to be had quibbling over the success rate of TJ surgery than dealing with the point, that if we would be cautious about Wieters recovery from TJ a surgery with a better success rate than Manny's, we might do well to be cautious with Manny.

How about the subject off the thread? Whether we should move Manny to SS before he demonstrates his full recovery. No, much better trolling to be had quibbling over the success rate of TJ surgery than dealing with the point, that if we would be cautious about Wieters recovery from TJ a surgery with a better success rate than Manny's, we might do well to be cautious with Manny.

Stop your whining. C_o_c already stated and it was implied when I started the thread that of course Manny has to be healthy before we can consider having him move to SS. :rolleyes:

My statement about him being a good bounce back candidate was clearly about his offensive numbers. And then I followed that up by saying he is not a good defensive SS and would be better at 3B, which is what the entire thread is about. The post about Lowrie at 3B you decided to leave out.

There is no evidence that Wieters is willing to extend.

It's a hypothetical question.

Stop your whining. C_o_c already stated and it was implied when I started the thread that of course Manny has to be healthy before we can consider having him move to SS. :rolleyes:
Well when in 2015 do you plan to pick up Chase Headley. I get it that stuff like this happens in fantasy baseball but how about real baseball? You are going to sign Headley over the winter before Manny has even begun his rehab?

What's your plan B if Hardy goes elsewhere for whatever reason.

I would pick up or trade for the best defensive SS I could get and look to upgrade the offense at anther position Like OF. Or explore trading One of Tillman, Norris or Gonzo get better all around SS.

Archived