vs. YANKEES, 9/12 (Game Two)

OFFNY

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>att: 43,707</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="
">September 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So much for trolling about us being small market.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great clutch starting pitching by the "back end" of the rotation. Actually better than great. 14 innings' date=' no runs, 17 strikeouts, 4 walks and 10 hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote']

My 'Topes bread and butter... Chen, Gonzo, Bud. ;)

Good problem to have!

I'd love to see "The Kid" (Gausman) pitch in the playoffs. But I'm having a hard time justifying it without referring to data that's an extremely small sample size. :( Gausman had an extremely mediocre middle part of his season, after starting off strong, but he's also been very effective lately. So his record of ML performance so far is bookended by depth and effectiveness that we want, but in the middle are quite a few starts that did not really impress. He also still has the problem of pitch variety.

If you go on the whole-season record, Norris is the obvious choice. Tillman, Chen, Gonzo, Norris. Gausman in the pen would be nice. We could ditch some of our mediocre relievers and have a pen with folks like Gausman, McFarland, Webb, Miller, O'Day, Britton, and maybe we wouldn't even need any of Matusz, Meek or Jimenez.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible; width: 500px;" title="Embedded Tweet" height="162"></iframe>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Look's liek Hunter for 8th.

I love it. :beerchug1:<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

I'd love to see "The Kid" (Gausman) pitch in the playoffs. But I'm having a hard time justifying it without referring to data that's an extremely small sample size. :( Gausman had an extremely mediocre middle part of his season, after starting off strong, but he's also been very effective lately. So his record of ML performance so far is bookended by depth and effectiveness that we want, but in the middle are quite a few starts that did not really impress. He also still has the problem of pitch variety.

If you go on the whole-season record, Norris is the obvious choice. Tillman, Chen, Gonzo, Norris. Gausman in the pen would be nice. We could ditch some of our mediocre relievers and have a pen with folks like Gausman, McFarland, Webb, Miller, O'Day, Britton, and maybe we wouldn't even need any of Matusz, Meek or Jimenez.

It's pure veteranosity bias but I go with Bud.

I don't know who this Karns kid is making his rays debut, but he's 2 hit the Jays on 7 strikeouts and leaving with the lead 1-0 in Toronto.

The Rays seem to have an unlimited fountain of incredible pitchers. Just look at Hellickson and Archer. Ouch, man. If they got even a half-ounce dose of hitting, they'd be half a game behind us for first place in the division.

Archived