Jake Arrieta Allows One Hit in Complete Game

olehippi

It definitely appears that Jake Arrieta is finding his groove in Chicago.

Jake flirted with a no-hitter for the third time this season, taking a no-hit bid into the eighth inning against the Reds before giving up a one-out double to Brandon Phillips.

Jake had a perfect game going into the seventh inning against Cincinnati back in June. And five days later against Boston, he held the Red Sox hitless until two outs in the eighth.

I'm happy that Arrieta is finding some success.

The Feldman trade was a big lose for DD

But DD is not afraid to take a chance on the here and now at the expense of the future and that's why the O's just won the AL East

It's not just Arietta, Strop has also been very good

To give up two ML pitchers in their prime and cost controlled for a two month rental of a #5 was an atrocious trade

Theo Epstein is one of the elite GM's and will have the Cubs in the playoffs next year or 2016 at the latest.

But DD is not afraid to take a chance on the here and now at the expense of the future and that's why the O's just won the AL East

To give up two ML pitchers in their prime and cost controlled for a two month rental of a #5 was an atrocious trade

Theo Epstein is one of the elite GM's and will have the Cubs in the playoffs next year or 2016 at the latest.

No, it wasn't, because it was never going to work for Arrieta in Baltimore, and Strop couldn't be sent down without going on waivers. What they're doing in Chicago is irrelevant, because it was never going to work in Baltimore, ever. Why people don't get that through their thick heads is beyond me.

No, it wasn't, because it was never going to work for Arrieta in Baltimore, and Strop couldn't be sent down without going on waivers. What they're doing in Chicago is irrelevant, because it was never going to work in Baltimore, ever. Why people don't get that through their thick heads is beyond me.

Because the trolls like to stir the pot, like one got me going in another thread.

Best to put them in the ignore box and totally ignore them.

Really, you're going to start with this again? I've pointed out several posts that you yourself made while Arrieta and Strop were still Orioles, complaining about how useless they were and how they should be traded for a bag of balls. Now suddenly you're crowing about how they were "in their prime and cost controlled," which is nowhere near accurate. Strop in particular was so horrendous that he was literally about to be DFA'd before he got traded.

Sometimes guys figure it out elsewhere. Good for them. But it was never going to work for Arrieta and Strop in Baltimore.

Archived