Playoff Tickets for Extra Games

schittenden

Just curious. Is the ticket buying process similar to buying tickets for a regular season game on orioles.com? I know it's going to be different, but is the layout and everything basically the same? I got my hands on a code for Saturday and I don't need expensive seats. I really wouldn't mind sitting in the upper deck. My cousin got his tickets during the sale this morning and he said he just chose best available. Will it be easy for me to choose the specific section or price range that I want?

Yes, I had a similar question for those of you who did an earlier presale. I know that it obviously doesn't let you pick your exact seating. Can you at least pick the price range ($50 vs $80 vs $100?) or the section description? Or do you recommend just doing best available and taking what you get?

I already stooped to the level of buying a code on ebay, so I want to make sure I use it wisely!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, I had a similar question for those of you who did an earlier presale. I know that it obviously doesn't let you pick your exact seating. Can you at least pick the price range ($50 vs $80 vs $100?) or the section description? Or do you recommend just doing best available and taking what you get?

I already stooped to the level of buying a code on ebay, so I want to make sure I use it wisely!

Yes, you can. You can buy "upper box", "terrace box", etc, or just choose best available.

My wife and I both won a chance to buy tickets in the lottery. We'd like to buy our full set of tickets, one to each game. But the email warns of using the same billing address to purchase excess tickets under one name, email, CC or billing address. Obviously the first three are different, but is there any risk of using 2 different credit cards with the same billing address. I assume this is meant to deter big time ticket brokers. Should we be worried? The email says:

4.Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice. This includes multiple orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number, or other information. The Baltimore Orioles reserve the right to void any transactions in which the established policies are not followed.

My wife and I both won a chance to buy tickets in the lottery. We'd like to buy our full set of tickets, one to each game. But the email warns of using the same billing address to purchase excess tickets under one name, email, CC or billing address. Obviously the first three are different, but is there any risk of using 2 different credit cards with the same billing address. I assume this is meant to deter big time ticket brokers. Should we be worried? The email says:

4.Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice. This includes multiple orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number, or other information. The Baltimore Orioles reserve the right to void any transactions in which the established policies are not followed.

I would think you would lose all your tickets. Don't play with fire.

Have one of your family members do you a favor and use their card and address. If you can front them the cash, I'm sure someone would be willing to help you out.

Two years ago I changed one of my credit card addresses to my work address for the same scenario as you. It worked like a charm. After the playoffs were over, I changed it back.

Have one of your family members do you a favor and use their card and address. If you can front them the cash' date=' I'm sure someone would be willing to help you out.[/quote']

Thanks for the info everyone. We're just gonna ask family to give us a credit card. We were weary to ask because we had not decided who to invite along to the games. A lot still depends on the game times. But we don't want to void any tickets.

Just to clarify. My wife won the lottery and I didn't. Is it still ok though to use her code as long as I don't place another order? I already have my mlb.com account set up and it would be easier that way.

I hope so. I was able to get a code that wasn't emailed to me directly from the O's.

I would think as long as the code is only used once and onyl one order per household is being made...all would be well.

I hope so. I was able to get a code that wasn't emailed to me directly from the O's.

I would think as long as the code is only used once and onyl one order per household is being made...all would be well.

That has to be it otherwise the codes for sale would have no value. I was just double checking. I didn't think the sellers had to let the buyer know their email address, user name etc.

That has to be it otherwise the codes for sale would have no value. I was just double checking. I didn't think the sellers had to let the buyer know their email address, user name etc.

Exactly. People also sold/traded codes in 2012 and I don't remember reading about people having issues using them.

I used a code that was sent to a different e-mail address than is on my MLB.com account and it worked just fine...aside from the scace inventory

Archived