This message board needs to take a collective step back

Sanfran327

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Simple question. Do you guys hate the Yankees more than you love baseball? This moment was great for the game.
great for the game? Gee, if only Jeter got to the postseason and won, just think how extraordinarily, fabulously, phenominally great that would have been "for the game" also. Right?

I'd like to think "the game" is bigger than Jeter, but that's just me.

I kinda stopped caring much about whether the O's win or lose since we clinched. It's an odd feeling. But it made Jeter's walk off a lot more bearable. I don't get the vitriol toward Buck, though. Even that bum Meek should've been able to get 2014 Jeter out in that situation. He didn't, oh well.

I'm ready for the playoffs!

It wasn't a playoff game.

You are lacking in reading comprehension and I bolded the important part specifically so you wouldn't miss it.

He said it was monumentally stupid if the goal was to win the baseball game.

The context of the game is irrelevant to what the correct move is to win the game.

I'm with you Three Run. After the great comeback in the top of the 9th--after Orioles took the game back from the Jeter Farewell--you make the Y's earn it against the best you have, which wasn't Meek. The O's would have really made a statement with a comeback, extra-inning victory this particular game that they are a team that refuses to lose, ever.

This is exactly right. I'm going to have a bad taste in my mouth about this game for a long time for precisely these reasons.

Archived