Memo to Those Attending ALDS Game 1: Let's Give Nick a Standing O in His First Playoff AB

Frobby

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C'mon, folks, let's do this! Nine long years Nick has waited for this opportunity to play some postseason baseball. I'm going to stand and cheer when he comes to the plate, and I urge everyone else who is going to do the same.

d and I are with you on this.

C'mon, folks, let's do this! Nine long years Nick has waited for this opportunity to play some postseason baseball. I'm going to stand and cheer when he comes to the plate, and I urge everyone else who is going to do the same.

It should be done.

The same Nick who cares so much about the fans that he was the only Oriole to avoid the press today before the workout? Good player who gives it his all on the field, but I prefer to hold my standing O's for the players who show some love back. To each is own though.

The same Nick who cares so much about the fans that he was the only Oriole to avoid the press today before the workout? Good player who gives it his all on the field, but I prefer to hold my standing O's for the players who show some love back. To each is own though.

If he knocks in the game-winning run in Game 7 of the World Series in a few weeks, I couldn't care less if he never speaks to the media again! :)

Until he does that, though, yeah, it would be nice if he were a bit more personable. He was one of the players that me and my son got autographs from during the pre-game signing session at the stadium earlier this season, and he was the only player of the 9 we saw who wasn't really personable, outgoing, and smiling. I wouldn't say Nick was dour, but he was definitely "business-like," to put it mildly. I remember Hundley, Hardy, Miggy, and especially Norris were all really friendly and chatty. Not a big deal - hey, he showed up, at least - but it does speak to your point, Tony.

Archived