2014 N.L.D.S. (Cardinals vs. Dodgers)

OFFNY

Jeez, Dodgers depending on a rookie who has 24 career IPs to get out of the 7th and carry them thru the 8th.

Elbert, Joba, Hernan Perez, etc.--too many mediocrities and little-used rookies asked to save the post-season for supposedly elite teams.

It's really pathetic to have a 200+ million dollar payroll and yet not have a single reliever you feel comfortable with at all.

No sympathy for the Dodgers at all. It takes no creativity to build a team like that and they represent everything that is wrong with MLB.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's really pathetic to have a 200+ million dollar payroll and yet not have a single reliever you feel comfortable with at all.

No sympathy for the Dodgers at all. It takes no creativity to build a team like that and they represent everything that is wrong with MLB.

They've become a NL Yankees. As much as I am sort of getting Redbird fatigue, I do respect them. I know they're not plucky underdogs with a low payroll or anything like that but I do admire their consistency and I have to give myself a pat on the back for thinking that Matheny would be a worthy successor to LaRussa as manager.

They've become a NL Yankees. As much as I am sort of getting Redbird fatigue, I do respect them. I know they're not plucky underdogs with a low payroll or anything like that but I do admire their consistency and I have to give myself a pat on the back for thinking that Matheny would be a worthy successor to LaRussa as manager.

Does Matheny actually manage? Or does he just stand there and look stone faced for most of the game, while his players (especially Molina) do the managing. Not even sure the Cardinals need a manager. They all know what to do out there.

Listening to him interviewed, they asked him, coming in if he'd believe [beating Kershaw twice.] Gave Kershaw some credit but was mostly our guys never give up. Went up there with a plan etc. Reminded me of Buck.

Listening to him interviewed, they asked him, coming in if he'd believe [beating Kershaw twice.] Gave Kershaw some credit but was mostly our guys never give up. Went up there with a plan etc. Reminded me of Buck.

I am not sure that Matheny's plan was to have his ace get his behind kicked in Game 1. I think this is a simple case of one team owning a great pitcher. Kershaw cannot beat the Cardinals when it matters.....period. He knows it and they know it. I imagine they have a lot of confidence against him because they beat him down last year.

Out of desperation--I just looked at Kershaw's career splits and he's *never* started on three days' rest. Allownig just one hit and no runs through six innings was excellent, especially considering that. Mattingly and Ausmus have been traumatized.

Actually, Kershaw started on three days rest in last year's NLDS and dominated the Braves. There are a few who think that wore him down and led to his collapses in the NLCS, but it would be hard to prove.

I've got a lot of respect for Kershaw, especially after watching his stand up post game interviews.

The Cardinals also have a lot of confidence they can beat Kershaw. I wouldn't have given much for their chances if the series went back to LA. They have a lot of trouble against Greinke.

Archived