Miggy calling out Soria

xian4

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not condoning the incident in any way but if you feel a need to do something of that sort you don't further embarrass the guy by doing it where the cameras can see.

I agree, but even if he felt like he needed to talk to him, he shouldn't have screamed at him like he did. Soria by all accounts has been a good player and he's giving it his all, it's just not working out for him. It's not his fault that Ausmus is managing by rote in the 8th and 9th innings all year. He's setting his guys up to fail.

Also that hitting Schoop's glove thing earlier in the game. That rubbed me the wrong way. Like "how dare you tag me?'

I think that was done in fun. He and Schoop have been conversing both of these games. That being said...you don't publicly humiliate another player. In the clubhouse is fine...leave it there.

His off the field issues took away any good will I had.

It kills me that using PED makes a player a pariah but domestic abuse and drunk driving don't matter.

As you probably know I care less about the personal issues than you and most, but play the game with dignity.

By the way, on topic, what the heck happened to Joakim Soria? He has been awful since joining Detroit, for no apparent reason. The guy is (was) a really really good pitcher and he's only 30.

There's no way Detroit exercises his option now. Dare I say he could be a bargain pickup as a FA this offseason.

By the way, on topic, what the heck happened to Joakim Soria? He has been awful since joining Detroit, for no apparent reason. The guy is (was) a really really good pitcher and he's only 30.

Probably get cut by the Tigers, kind of guy DD would pick up and make something of

There's no way Detroit exercises his option now. Dare I say he could be a bargain pickup as a FA this offseason.

No, he's done. Two Tommy John's.

Archived