Nlds (Giants vs. Nationals)

scOtt

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

THOMAS BOSWELL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/playoffs/a-washington-baltimore-world-series-for-nationals-and-orioles-fans-time-to-dream/2014/09/30/9f223048-48b5-11e4-a046-120a8a855cca_story.html

The Washington Nationals and the Baltimore Orioles will meet in the first game of the World Series on Oct. 21 in Camden Yards. So, plan the next three weeks of your life preparing for that whirlwind.

Until that paragraph is proven false, nothing in sports in this region will approach the titillation in that possibility.

That paragraph has been proven wrong.

Yeah. The Nats aren't losing anyone that I can think of going into 2015. Year after that they have to pay Zimmermann I think. The rest of the playoff teams except the Dodgers maybe will be losing key pieces next year.

There's a mutual option on LaRoche at $15mm and a $2mm buyout. With Ryan Zimmerman's arm, they may explore that option.

There's also a $9mm team option on Span.

Giants fans are fun. Went to a game there two years ago and they were a lot of fun.

Just saw this and yes they are pretty fun. Last game I went to there was someone who walked out in the bottom of the 7th to A-Ha's Take On Me and when it stopped our whole section kept singing it up to and including the really high part. It seemed like it was just the men who were doing it and it was absolutely hilarious.

Archived