"I never heard nothing like this," Cruz said. "It was so loud. My ears were ringing."

weams

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know if Pearce/Cruz could've been called for interference had the ball gotten away from the catcher and striking them? Just curious.

No. Not on a throw, unless it is intentional in the umpires judgment. Interference can be unintentional on a batted ball, but must be intentional on a defensive throw. Running out of the running lane is considered intentional. This obviously would have been the result of either a wild throw, or a missed catch by the defense and not a matter of an offensive player intentionally getting in the way of a throw. If the ball got lodged under Cruz while he was laying on the ground, the umpire would probably kill the play and prevent Young from advancing to third.

I was at home alone watching. When Delmon hit the double I was up, windmilling my arms like a 3B coach. When JJ scored I was screaming safe! Safe! And giving the safe sign. Thank God my Wife was not around. She would have had me committed. Might actually have been worth it!

I was driving home from work. When he got the hit I was pumping my fist out the window and the sunroof. I'm sure the other drivers on the road thought I was nuts.

Camden Yards was so loud ? "the best crowd I've seen in any post-season experience I've had," Kinsler said ? you wonder how much louder these folks would get for a pennant or world title. "These people were going crazy," Kinsler said. "There's a reaction to every pitch."

Just FANtastic

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2014/10/03/detroit-tigers-baltimore-orioles-recap/16662523/

I was driving home from work. When he got the hit I was pumping my fist out the window and the sunroof. I'm sure the other drivers on the road thought I was nuts.

I did the same in my car. Didn't look around at the other cars to see if I was the only one. Just me and Joe Angel celebrating. Still sweet!

We had to go get the kids from school before the eighth. We don't get Orioles games on radio here so my wife kept using her phone and hitting refresh and we could only see the score. All of a sudden she goes "Holy S#*%" it's 7 to 6. Needless to say that was a very enjoyable ride home. And I spent a fair amount of time watching replays.

I did the same in my car. Didn't look around at the other cars to see if I was the only one. Just me and Joe Angel celebrating. Still sweet!

I was about 3 mins from my house. If anyone was on Rte 40 near 543 you probably heard me honking and yelling.

You could hear big truck drivers on the Highway laying in to their horns from the field.

We had to go get the kids from school before the eighth. We don't get Orioles games on radio here so my wife kept using her phone and hitting refresh and we could only see the score. All of a sudden she goes "Holy S#*%" it's 7 to 6. Needless to say that was a very enjoyable ride home. And I spent a fair amount of time watching replays.

Yeah, similar to me. I was at work (I had tickets, but couldn't make the 12:07 start time so I had to sell them) using the MLB at bat app for my iPod, checking the score in between answering the phone and sending emails. Kept my iPod in a drawer so I wouldn't obsess (told myself only to look at it every 10 minutes or so). Went to look and got a notification that we had taken the lead.

Wish I could have been there.

Incredible. My soon-to-be wife was in the kitchen. The baby she watches was in a swinging chair. My 1 year old daughter was playing.

I was standing screaming "GO GO GO GO" and pumping my fists. When he crossed home, I clapped my hands and screamed like a maniac, putting my arms up in the air. My daughter watched me and kept laughing. I was going "WOO!!!!" and she would giggle. I scooped her up and spun her around and she giggled again. She would laugh when I said "YAY!" and since "Yay" is her sign for clapping, she began clapping.

Such an amazing experience. Wish I could've been there, but it was incredible from where I sat too. I could feel the energy and let me tell you, I (along with I'm sure many other O's fans) were lending our energy from afar. What a moment.

Archived