Peter Angelos' Redemption

beervendor

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't want to talk about his health in anyway other than just simply to state his age but I do hope that he enjoys what ever comes of the season.

I wouldn't either, just saying what I last heard about PA and could explain why he's not around for the post season celebrations.

And you are what's wrong with sports fans. Get some perspective.

Excuse me? I have plenty of 'perspective' on real world events. Thank you very much. I don't start threads bashing the man but I am not going to sit idly by while people just gloss over what a truly terrible team owner he was. It has nothing to do with 'perspective'. This is an O's forum for die hard fans to discuss the team. The topic of Angelos came up and I gave my opinion. I said nothing rude. I did not wish him ill will. So get off your high horse.

All playoff revenue goes to MLB, they control the tickets, the ballpark and keep the revenue generated by it. It's then shared by each club. Regardless, it's a great thing for the Orioles and MLB to do.

I do know that the Orioles give a ton of tickets for the Enoch Pratt Libary summer reading program. That is regular season games. I remember Ted Leonsis getting rid of charity tickets for Capitals games back when the arena was half empty he said paying fans didn't want people getting in for free sitting next to them and it didn't help,the teams profits. Angelos has also kept even the best seats in the stadium affordable for regular fans. I think now,that he trusts the leadership he is giving them an increased budget and the results on the field are good. We should be thankful.

14 years of losing and 3 years of winning. I think he owes fans 11 more years of winning to get back to even.

I agree with this. Although if he keeps this team together as much as possible, I would call it even. I'm sure he has been a huge O's fan long before he bought the team, but he was the one constant in those 14 losing years.

Best of health to him and I hope he gets to see his and our O's win a championship.

I think if a guy can't get fired up about baseball in an O's forum and is told to 'get some perspective' we might as well close the forum.

You can dislike the guys management of the team and still like the man.

I agree to an extent as Tony-OH would be the first to agree that this is a discussion board.

Why continue to harp on old history, when it's clear to most that things are 180 degrees different with this team and this team is playing winning baseball in October?

Well we have a lot of winning to make up for some real damn dumb decisions Angelos made over the years. But the pain has worn off. Three years of winning is making me more forgiving to Angelos.

Angelos always wanted to win......he just didnt know how.

I think that is the truth.

Peter Angelos will leave a mixed legacy as the O's owner. It took him too long to recognize his mistakes. But, at least it seems that he finally did. I'll never forget those things he did that contributed to the 14 lean years, but I don't judge him solely on that, either. His legacy is still being written and I'm glad we are seeing some positive chapters now.

Peter Angelos will leave a mixed legacy as the O's owner. It took him too long to recognize his mistakes. But, at least it seems that he finally did. I'll never forget those things he did that contributed to the 14 lean years, but I don't judge him solely on that, either. His legacy is still being written and I'm glad we are seeing some positive chapters now.

I agree, good post.

It wasn't easy to get where they are now, but wow, thank God they are here at this point, and not looking at 18 years of losing.

Archived