Tickets, Tickets, Tickets...who knows what's going on?

Todd-O

When I bought ALDS tickets, I was originally gonna go for best available, but I decided on the cheaper "Upper Box." I had the time of the my life. The upper deck is rocking baby. All I can say is when it comes to playoffs, you just need to be in the Yard. Its not about the view anymore!

I guess.....but I like to be able to see the game. I got Club seats for Thursday's game and they were worth every penny. I wouldn't want to be in the OF. But whatever floats your boat.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you been to a playoff game yet?

I agree that it's a lot, but it's an experience that every Orioles fan needs to experience...if they can swing it.

Wait until a few hours before game...Tickets dropped to under $100 for "real" seats for ALDS games on game day.

Yeah, I've been to three games so far including 2012 playoffs. I agree it is definitely worth the experience. I'm just not wanting to pay that much for SRO. For regular seats, that's different.

Yeah, I've been to three games so far including 2012 playoffs. I agree it is definitely worth the experience. I'm just not wanting to pay that much for SRO. For regular seats, that's different.

I agree with you 110%. SRO kinda blows.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that we even have these problems. I sat upper deck for game 2 on Friday afternoon and it was awesome, but I was around the infield. I just don't want to get stuck in section 380 where you really can't see and are obstructed by the foul pole. But if thats all that is available then I'll take it and make the best of it.

That being said, current holders should still have priority (and if there aren't enough to go around then it should be by seniority). I just hope the O's get this cleared up if we make the world series. Because I've been told more seats seats are saved for MLB, families, sponsors, etc. compared to the ALDS and ALCS. If thats true, quite a few folks will be without seats.

I hate to see what they're going to do for the 2016 ASG. (Which, according to my cousins rep is definitely in Baltimore, but hasn't been publicly announced)

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that we even have these problems. I sat upper deck for game 2 on Friday afternoon and it was awesome, but I was around the infield. I just don't want to get stuck in section 380 where you really can't see and are obstructed by the foul pole. But if thats all that is available then I'll take it and make the best of it.

That being said, current holders should still have priority (and if there aren't enough to go around then it should be by seniority). I just hope the O's get this cleared up if we make the world series. Because I've been told more seats seats are saved for MLB, families, sponsors, etc. compared to the ALDS and ALCS. If thats true, quite a few folks will be without seats.

I hate to see what they're going to do for the 2016 ASG. (Which, according to my cousins rep is definitely in Baltimore, but hasn't been publicly announced)

Inside info! I like it! WOOHOO! That would be great-2016 AS GAME IN BALTIMORE!! WOOHOO!

Have you been to a playoff game yet?

I agree that it's a lot, but it's an experience that every Orioles fan needs to experience...if they can swing it.

Wait until a few hours before game...Tickets dropped to under $100 for "real" seats for ALDS games on game day.

Did you happen to notice ticket prices on game day for seats on the field level, like, dugout to dugout? I got a couple of good seats for ALDS game 2 on the same day as the presale for new plan purchasers. A few days after that, I noticed a surge in ticket prices on StubHub, but I didn't check to see if prices dropped back down on gameday.

When I bought a 13 game plan this year it was purchased with the understanding that I would be able to purchase playoff tickets to every game. If I had been informed of the switch then I would have bought a 29 game plan instead. Throughout the season I spent more than enough money on additional tickets to clear the price difference between the two plans. It is a bait and switch.

You should make certain that you identify the person who told you that.

When I bought ALDS tickets, I was originally gonna go for best available, but I decided on the cheaper "Upper Box." I had the time of the my life. The upper deck is rocking baby. All I can say is when it comes to playoffs, you just need to be in the Yard. Its not about the view anymore!

I thought our seats were wonderful. And you could not beat the fan enthusiasm.

I thought our seats were wonderful. And you could not beat the fan enthusiasm.

My eyesight, even corrected, is pretty terrible, so I can't really justify going to games unless I can get decently close to the action. Plus, I feel much more comfortable cursing loudly at home, anyway, rather than in front of a bunch of strangers and their kids.

I can't really decide how I'm going to handle this round of the playoffs. I might want to save my bullets for WS tickets...then again, the prices that are showing up on StubHub at this point are absolutely insane.

Did you happen to notice ticket prices on game day for seats on the field level, like, dugout to dugout? I got a couple of good seats for ALDS game 2 on the same day as the presale for new plan purchasers. A few days after that, I noticed a surge in ticket prices on StubHub, but I didn't check to see if prices dropped back down on gameday.

I was checking for game 1 Thursday night, and the cheapest I saw about an hour before the game was section 60 for $135. Still around double the STH price. I can't imagine they dropped much further, but I've been wrong before.

I was checking for game 1 Thursday night, and the cheapest I saw about an hour before the game was section 60 for $135. Still around double the STH price. I can't imagine they dropped much further, but I've been wrong before.

Still a pretty good deal, all things considered. I paid about $250 for each ticket in section 52 for game 2. Well worth it, especially considering the comeback, and I'd be comfortable paying that much for ALCS tickets (even if they were further away). Right now the prices are in the 400's and up, though.

Archived