The Case for Davis

FanSince88

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always been on the Chris Davis woes have been because of injury.... I think the oblique has never been right. The layoff could have been the best thing that could have happened to him. If he is healthy he needs to be on the WS roster for sure! I mean it is CRUSH Davis...

How do injuries work in the playoffs? Lets just say Kelly Johnson stubs his toe in the bathroom of his hotel after game 5 and has to miss the rest of the playoffs can the Orioles replace him with a player that just so now happens to be allowed to play because their suspension is over? Or if your entire team gets hurt you cant replace them?

The player replaced becomes ineligible for the next series.

I have always been on the Chris Davis woes have been because of injury.... I think the oblique has never been right. The layoff could have been the best thing that could have happened to him. If he is healthy he needs to be on the WS roster for sure! I mean it is CRUSH Davis...

I pretty much agree with this.

He's a .700 OPS guy with below average defense at 3B who leads the majors in strikeouts. I see a strong case not to include him even if he's eligible the whole series. Also, he hasn't played in a month.

He's also one of the most capable players on the team at taking a walk and hitting a HR.

BTW (and I apologize if this has been discussed), didn't Buck say that he would let the players vote on his return?

Maybe it's 25 votes from the locker room and 26 votes from the manager's office?

Did this actually happen? The TBS broadcaster said this during the game but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere.

Do you guys realize how bad Flaherty has been? The only possible reasons for leaving Davis on the bench are PR or the weird attraction people feel towards teaching a misbehaving athlete a lesson.

Based on this years performance they are likely close to equal (considering offense and defense at third base).

The real issue is Davis' upside.

And Flaherty's extraordinary play at third this post season.

Not a big sample there, but it's likely to be big difference defensively based on the numbers we do have, and I'd argue, subjectively as well. Hard to say what could happen or how impactful it could be in these short series.

Not a big sample there, but it's likely to be big difference defensively based on the numbers we do have, and I'd argue, subjectively as well. Hard to say what could happen or how impactful it could be in these short series.

The sample is small. The impact has been great.

Archived