The Case for Davis

FanSince88

There's no rational basis for including Davis on the ALCS roster. He could only help us if the Series went that far. You can't play a short bench for five games in an ALCS. There's zero chance this will happen.

If the Orioles win the ALCS, I think it's 50/50 whether he's on the World Series roster. I could easily see the team deciding to keep him off just because of his long layoff, the success the team has had without him, and the potential distractions he would bring to the table in the World Series.

I hope we don't see him on the World Series roster. It's sounds harsh but I hope

Davis never sets foot in the O's dugout again. I never want to see him in an O's

uniform again. IMO

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But, you are okay with Cruz on this roster?

I know it's weird the way I feel. But it just wouldn't be fair to replace a player that

has played his heart out and done a good job with Chris. Yes Davis made a

mistake if you want to call that. But how many second chances does a guy get?

Cruz was caught a suspended what fifty games? I guess its hypocritical of me but

I just think Chris needs to step away baseball. Wasn't this the 2nd time Chris was

caught using an amphetamine? And yes my opinion of him has changed.

I know it's weird the way I feel. But it just wouldn't be fair to replace a player that

Cruz was caught a suspended what fifty games? I guess its hypocritical of me but

I just think Chris needs to step away baseball. Wasn't this the 2nd time Chris was

So you know he'd probably be replacing someone like Kelly Johnson or Jimmy Paredes, players who played their hearts out for the O's for about three weeks. While Davis was here for the end of 2011, the magical 2012, for 2013, for most of this past season. Seems strange to me to value a minor league journeyman or a team-hopping utility guy over someone who's been with you in pennant races as a key contributor for three+ years because he took some ADHD medicine without an exemption.

So Paredes was on the roster all season, as was Johnson.

Look, I want Davis on the WS roster, as a bench/role player, because that makes the team better.

Adderall is used to treat ADHD.

Not saying that he has ADHD, I am not a medical doctor.

However, my youngest daughter has it, and so does two of her friends. Off the meds, they are hard to converse with and deal with, but on meds, they are normal and you would never know it.

Yes, Davis should have appealed MLB declinining him and that's another thread topic.

Yeah, let's get all skittish because Chris took Adderall. Look, I don't know Chris off the field so I have no idea if he's a good guy or not, but he looks like a good teammate. And I like what he brings as a hitter (even with the low average), and as a fielder.

So he used a "PED". Who cares? Odds are a lot more players have and don't get caught. Some of them maybe even on the O's right now.

I hope we don't see him on the World Series roster. It's sounds harsh but I hope

Davis never sets foot in the O's dugout again. I never want to see him in an O's

uniform again. IMO

Are you watching baseball with the assumption that Davis is the only guy doing such things? Or are you upset he got caught?

Short term memory loss in full swing here. This team would not be where it is right now without the huge contributions he has made over the last three years both on and off the field (numerous charities & the whole helping save a guys life thing). Rooting for Cruz (actually linked to PED's) & Young (hate crime & other stuff) is OK though right? Hypocrite is indeed the right word if you have given them second chances. Ridiculous thought that he should step away from baseball because he made poor choices that hurt the team about Adderall. What a load of bull. IMO.

Gee I'm really glad we had Paredes on Johnson on our roster for those two close games we just played. They really played huge roles there! Good thing we didn't have to play a "man down" in those games, instead of having the specter of the fear-inducing bat of Chris Davis returning to our lineup if the Royals fail to finish us off in KC. Yeah, those guys have been so much more productive than Chris Davis would be in games 6 and 7, let me tell you!

Gee I'm really glad we had Paredes on Johnson on our roster for those two close games we just played. They really played huge roles there! Good thing we didn't have to play a "man down" in those games, instead of having the specter of the fear-inducing bat of Chris Davis returning to our lineup if the Royals fail to finish us off in KC. Yeah, those guys have been so much more productive than Chris Davis would be in games 6 and 7, let me tell you!

Well considering that we are very unlikely to get to a game 6 or 7, I definitely don't understand what point you are trying to make?

Archived