2014 Rule 5 Draft

WarehouseChatter

I can see him making a team.

Then I can see him having a couple appearances like he has in the AFL and not sticking.

But I can totally see a team in love with his arm and him having a spring good enough to make a bullpen in the mop up role.

To me its a question if the roster spot is worth the disruption in development.

Like you said I could also see him being selected, even potentially getting a mop up type role to keep him but at some point being offered back. I just cant see him based on his to date performance being ready to stick at a MLB level.

If the team likes him, thinks he has a future then its likely worth investing a roster spot to ensure he stays and can continue on whatever development course they plotted for him without interruption. If they are iffy on him then moving him as part of a deal to bring in someone to fill another role prior to the Rule V draft makes sense

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wright is must. Bridwell and Wilson I would protect also.

Givens I might add to that list, he looked pretty good in the AFL and I think the kid could be a pretty good reliever. I doubt though that he or Bridwell would stick even if selected.

Imagine if we had Givens pitching the whole time....like every single scout had him accept Jordan.

Jordan really didn't help our minor league system...ugh.

If I ever hear "raw and toolsy" again, I'll scream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melewski has a new piece up on the Rule 5. Basically said they are only considering 5 names. Wright, Wilson and probably Bridwell will be added. Givens and Brian Ward are longshots.

Suk-min Yoon is also rule 5 eligible, but any team who takes him would take on his contract also, so he'd be unlikely to be claimed.

Imagine if we had Givens pitching the whole time....like every single scout had him accept Jordan.

Jordan really didn't help our minor league system...ugh.

If I ever hear "raw and toolsy" again, I'll scream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomar is Raw and Toolsy.

So is Ofelky Peralta.

According to Steve Melewski, these players would be eligible to be drafted if not added to the 40 man roster.

Jeffries Almonte

Roderick Bernadina

Parker Bridwell

Bobby Bundy

Michael Burgess

Glynn Davis

Jason Esposito

David Freitas

Mychal Givens

Luis Gonzalez

Ivan Hernandez

Alvin Herrera