Cruz Extension Next?

SticksandStones

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryan Howard? The good thing for us is that Davis didn't wait until his giant contract to become terrible.

After his 50 homer year, Howard's OPS's were 976, 881, 931 and 859. He hit 47, 48, and 45 homers. That's pretty damn good.

I would never sign Davis to anything close to a Ryan Howard type extension. However, I would definitely not give up on the guy and release him as some here are suggesting.

$12 million per for two years plus awards bonuses plus two vesting options based on games played.

If we get him for that than I take back everything I have said. However, I seriously doubt that any extension would be less than 3/45 (and that is conservative).

Cruz, like Hardy, is absolutely someone I want back unless the money requests are just silly. Nick isn't going anywhere. I'd be fine letting Davis go if Pearce and De Aza come back.

Why are you confident that Davis was a flash in the pan and Pearce isn't?

After his 50 homer year, Howard's OPS's were 976, 881, 931 and 859. He hit 47, 48, and 45 homers. That's pretty damn good.

I would never sign Davis to anything close to a Ryan Howard type extension. However, I would definitely not give up on the guy and release him as some here are suggesting.

I'm with you. Why can't we bring everyone back? If we give Davis an arb offer, he, De Aza, Wieters, and Pearce will all be on one-year deals. Minor bump in payroll for one year is worth having a relative embarrassment of riches.

I just don't like the idea of giving a .700 OPS guy 600 at bats simply because he's had past success and one of Bucks guys. He looks back to the AAAA guy on Texas who was an easy strike out if you didn't make a bad pitch. We've done fine without him, and it would save money we could use elsewhere.

To quote Orioles fans from the eighth inning, Game 1 of the ALDS:

This is awesome!

This is awesome!

This is awesome!

This is awesome!

YES! Loved that. However, I don't think it reached the entire stadium. I heard it in 14 though. I think it started somewhere in that low digit corner but could be wrong.

Last year he wanted 4/75. I doubt you get him for 3/36 after the year that he had.

I don't doubt it. I think the Adam Jones mantra of "how much is enough" and the value of the teams clubhouse, chemistry, and manager Buck Showalter make up the difference. Watch and see.

Archived