Cruz Extension Next?

SticksandStones

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who knows? Maybe Cruz is disenchanted with the FA process after last year. Maybe he likes the O's enough to take a below market deal. If the Orioles can get him for low teens for 3 years or less, it's a great deal. He can also hold down some of RF depending on what happens with Nick (who they will probably save money on even if he comes back).

The Hardy deal was quite reasonable. People don't realize what a rare commodity we have there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The best I can tell the Orioles would love to have a trio of extensions in Hardy, Cruz and Markakis. But Cruz and Nick do not seem imminent</p>? Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="
">October 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Interesting they want to keep the band together. Would make Miller and Young are top two free agents.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The best I can tell the Orioles would love to have a trio of extensions in Hardy, Cruz and Markakis. But Cruz and Nick do not seem imminent</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="
">October 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What a buzzkill. And it seems like Rosenthal has better sources than the local guys.

Who says it would be big?

I would expect he has a market in the 3/45 range at least. That's big for a 34 year old who was under 2 wins 3 straight years before 2014. I assume most of the "pay Cruz whatever he wants" crowd are most of the same people who wanted to give Davis 10/200 last season.

I would expect he has a market in the 3/45 range at least. That's big for a 34 year old who was under 2 wins 3 straight years before 2014. I assume most of the "pay Cruz whatever he wants" crowd are most of the same people who wanted to give Davis 10/200 last season.

Tell us why, Johnny? Could it be that Cruz' WAR was so low because he was an everyday fielder? If Cruz is healthy, and a DH, which is what his primary role would be, a lot of his negative value disappears.

If we lose the ALCS or WS I see them going all out and spending lots. If we win the WS, then I can just as easily see them NOT wanting to go out and spend a ton of money and possibly trade off Matt and possibly Davis.

I wouldn't trade Wieters yet - his value has to be at an all-time low. At least wait until mid-season, see how he's recovered from missing the year, and then consider dealing him if you cannot get an extension done.

Guest rochester

I can't believe DD is signing everyone in sight from this years team... all because PA turned down his vacation request for Christmas. Sign them all + nothing to do around Christmas = sitting around the fire roasting chestnuts... at home. Then, he can just find some cheap quality and may even be able to take a day or so before ST.

Archived