Dyson Said He Doesn't Expect Series To Return To Baltimore

section18

It's available here: http://deadspin.com/jarrod-dyson-claims-an-oriole-kneed-him-for-his-comment-1646599816

I don't think it was intentional, and it wasn't even much contact, really. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. The media asked him a question, and he confidently answered. What was he supposed to say? "No, I think we'll lose at least 2 of these games, so we'll definitely be back in Baltimore."

I'll give you that if he was trying to be a perfectly, politically correct media boy, then he probably should have just stopped his statement when he said no he doesn't think we'll be back there rather than go on to say that he doesn't think the O's players do either. It really wasn't that big of a deal, though, and if this was a regular season series nobody would give two ****s about it.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the knee coming down on Dyson. I see him pushing Flaherty's knee to the side. Unless Ryan pushes his left knee into him, but not on top of him.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good thing I'm old and don't pitch for the O's. I'd drill him in the on deck circle. I'd tell Pearce to back up and drill him at first. I can't stand guys that mouth off when their career isn't a blip on the radar.

But you see, he's hardly in the on deck circle or in the batter's box. Maybe once a game.

I'm sorry' date=' but I don't see the knee coming down on Dyson. I see him pushing Flaherty's knee to the side. Unless Ryan pushes his left knee into him, but not on top of him.[/quote']

Now he is a liar, as well as a part time pinch running mouth runner.

It's available here: http://deadspin.com/jarrod-dyson-claims-an-oriole-kneed-him-for-his-comment-1646599816

I don't think it was intentional, and it wasn't even much contact, really. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. The media asked him a question, and he confidently answered. What was he supposed to say? "No, I think we'll lose at least 2 of these games, so we'll definitely be back in Baltimore."

I'll give you that if he was trying to be a perfectly, politically correct media boy, then he probably should have just stopped his statement when he said no he doesn't think we'll be back there rather than go on to say that he doesn't think the O's players do either. It really wasn't that big of a deal, though, and if this was a regular season series nobody would give two ****s about it.

The problem wasn't that he said that HE believes the series won't go back to the Baltimore. The problem is that he said the Orioles don't believe it will go back to Baltimore either. And then to claim that Flaherty kneed him when the video proves otherwise? Also saying "I'll let our bats do the talking". This guy is a classless jerk and he deserves a fastball in between the numbers.

Nice guys finish last.

It has nothing to do with being a nice guy.

Ernie Banks never played in the postseason.

Ted Williams made it to one World Series with the Red Sox, and lost.

Mike Andrews and Billy Conigliaro won World Series championships as bench players with the 1973 Athletics.

The Royals won because they played better, not because 2nd-string outfielder Jarrod Dyson ran his mouth, and not because the Orioles players were "too nice."

Archived