Roberts to the Cubs again?

Ricky Bobby

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I don't understand is how people think that Colvin is overrated. His total minor league line is .288/.320/.486, which is an above average OPS. There's nothing about him that really suggest "overrated", and I would love to get him back in any deal.

Keith Law said in a recent insider chat he didn't think Colvin would be much more than a 4th outfielder.

I don't believe Sherrill will be included. Someone has to close and if you take Walker and Bradford into account, the O's would be getting younger adding Sherrill. The pen was responsible for at least 10 losses last season. You have to have some kind of bullpen to instill some confidence in the young starters you're throwing out there every night. And isn't Sherrill 29, not 31? He's nasty, regardless and I think he'd be a monster addition.

I think he'll be 31 this year.

I don't believe Sherill will be included just to get another pitcher.....a top Cubs position player, maybe...but not another pitcher.

If we get Sherrill is there a chance Walker gets traded since both are LOOGYs?

If we still had BJ Ryan would we think that Walker could be traded? Sherrill is here to get a shot at closing. He was great as a set-up man, and the logical progression for there is to get at least one chance to close, he wasn't getting that in SEA, but he will here.

Let's just hope that he turns out to be the next BJ Ryan and less the next Kurt Birkins.

Sherrill will not be traded. He's cheap, productive and under control for a while.

Not only that, but the Cubs don't have much need for more help in the pen. Wood, Howry, Marmol, Wuertz, Dempster, Lahey, Eyre, Cotts, and Pignatiello... It's a pretty stacked pen already.

Archived