Interesting Stat on Adam Jones...

JDBirds10

He's the leader of the team and our best hitter. Plus his approach is comically terrible. It doesn't take much of an adjustment to fix it. But he doesn't want to do it. Although that walk he took against Vargas today was promising (albeit too little too late).

He was the 3rd best hitter on the team this year.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's the leader of the team and our best hitter. Plus his approach is comically terrible. It doesn't take much of an adjustment to fix it. But he doesn't want to do it. Although that walk he took against Vargas today was promising (albeit too little too late).

Internet message board members critiquing and explaining how easy it is for a professional baseball player to fix his approach and become a better hitter has to be one of my bigger pet peeves...although it does make me LOL.

No, Jones gets it all season long.

People hate his approach and I can't blame them. I was just guessing as to why he's getting a bunch now. He hasn't looked good in his two postseason appearances so far and his approach makes him look worse than others who are also struggling.

When Adam struggles, it's ugly.

Internet message board members critiquing and explaining how easy it is for a professional baseball player to fix his approach and become a better hitter has to be one of my bigger pet peeves...although it does make me LOL.

It's actually comical.

People hate his approach and I can't blame them. I was just guessing as to why he's getting a bunch now. He hasn't looked good in his two postseason appearances so far and his approach makes him look worse than others who are also struggling.

When Adam struggles, it's ugly.

And when he makes a crack about the liking the airport...thread bashing Jones.

He makes a crack about Dan being awkward...thread bashing Jones.

He gets a burger named after him...thread bashing Jones.

Oh wait I started that last one...

If only Jim Presley had suggested plate discipline instead of demanding 100% swings.

Swinging at 18 balls in the dirt to strike out in 25 2-strike counts in the playoffs is a result of Jones pressing too hard. He can definitely fix that. He would admit it himself.

And when he makes a crack about the liking the airport...thread bashing Jones.

He makes a crack about Dan being awkward...thread bashing Jones.

He gets a burger named after him...thread bashing Jones.

Oh wait I started that last one...

You're right. Also, that burger is delicious.

Archived