Is Andrew Miller a must sign. I believe so. He can get both righties and lefties out and has filthy

BamaOsFan

I don't see any reason to doubt that he'll be a great reliever for several years to come.

He's a pitcher who's thrown 133 innings over the past three seasons combined. He's basically the same pitcher as BJ Ryan, who I'm sure the Jays had no doubt would be a great reliever for years to come when they signed him to a 4/40-something deal. They got one excellent year, one good year, and two lost seasons.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's a pitcher who's thrown 133 innings over the past three seasons combined. He's basically the same pitcher as BJ Ryan, who I'm sure the Jays had no doubt would be a great reliever for years to come when they signed him to a 4/40-something deal. They got one excellent year, one good year, and two lost seasons.

The lisfranc can lead to hip degeneration, back alignment issues, and ultimately stress an elbow or a shoulder. So you may well be correct. That said, I loved having him on the team. What a weapon.

The lisfranc can lead to hip degeneration, back alignment issues, and ultimately stress an elbow or a shoulder. So you may well be correct. That said, I loved having him on the team. What a weapon.
Arthritis and problems with foot alignment are very likely to develop. In most cases, arthritis develops several months or longer following a Lisfranc injury, requiring additional treatment.

I am uncertain if he had the surgery or allowed it to heal on it's own.

Pretty good comp honestly. As good as Miller is right now, his control issues and long arms should give pause to a large four year contract.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>8 to 10 teams still seriously in mix for LHP Andrew Miller. Industry source says Os not one of them. He gone. Link: <a href="http://t.co/ayUPN2cOTp">http://t.co/ayUPN2cOTp</a></p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">November 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Heyman reported yesterday his agent is narrowing the teams down to less than 8. 22 were reported earlier to be interested. He also said Boston and the Orioles are believed to be in the picture. He said Detroit may not have the needed funds. They must be going heavy for a starter to take Scherzer's place or maybe still try to sign him. Toronto is also going after him. Let's hope he doesn't want to play in Canada. If the Orioles sign Miller it will be huge in my opinion. I think he likes it here and as I've mentioned before his wife is from North Carolina as is her family. Thy both went to college there as well. He became my favorite Oriole after we obtained him and I think we can come up with the money if it means letting Nick go and signing a less expensive OF like Hunter or Aoki or trading Davis and going cheaper at 1B.

What is to stop the orioles trading Zach Britton, after all, he had very little value at the start of last season, sell high. Miller is then promised the closers job.

O's still in on Miller???

From MLBTR

Andrew Miller‘s next deal will almost certainly be for four years and will set a record for a non-closer relief pitcher, Jon Heyman of CBS Sports writes. (Jeremy Affeldt‘s current three-year, $18MM deal holds that record, Heyman notes.) Miller and his agent have pared his list of interested teams down to eight; their identities aren’t known, although Heyman believes the Red Sox and Orioles are among them. A recent report from Baltimore, however, indicated that the O’s were out on Miller.

What is to stop the orioles trading Zach Britton, after all, he had very little value at the start of last season, sell high. Miller is then promised the closers job.

Because that would be trading away your very effective and cheap closer so that you could outbid the rest of the league to pay Andrew Miller 4/40 so that he can (mainly) protect 3-run leads in the 9th? Miller's value to the Orioles was his ability to come in any time after the 6th and pitch an inning+ without ever having to worry if he'd hold up doing that over the next 2, 3, 4 years.

Miller as 9th-inning-only closer isn't worth nearly what he'll be getting, and trading away a cheap and effective Britton to make that happen only exacerbates the problem.

Heyman can 'believe' whatever he wants. Perhaps he is doing Miller's agent a favor.

Miller is not signing here.......book it. We don't overpay for relievers in this post Danys Baez era.

Well we got abused by Kansas City's shut down bullpen in the playoffs. Just letting our best shut down reliever just walk away isnt the best idea. I agree that at some point you have to walk away. In the current game perhaps RPs like Miller are becoming more valuable. Runs are at a premium in the current MLB environment. Holding those leads late in the game should be key.

Archived