Can we stop with the,"Davis won't be on the roster next year" stuff?

higgybaby

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It depends ultimately on how they want to distribute their payroll. It's going to be ~$10-12 million to have Davis on your roster next year.

I agree that he'll be back, but it's not out of the question that he could get traded or non-tendered.

Not going to get any thing back in trade that makes us a better team in the near future. One year rental with PED and performance question marks? What would you spend the 10-12 M saved on? Miller? Cruz? What other FA's?

He will be on the roster Opening Day (or whenever his suspension's done.) Whether he's still with us by the trade deadline is a big question, and depends as much on the team's performance as it does his.

I'm pretty sure he'll end up with numbers somewhere in between his 2013 and 2014 numbers.

It's 50/50 Davis comes back. I think Dan is gonna have a problem with giving a guy 10 to 14m in 2015 when he's 1 test away from missing 80 games. Davis had 1 great year and that's it.

I think it's significantly less than 50%. He's got so many things to prove to the powers that be, and they have to be concerned about how letting him back affects their credibility - particularly with his teammates. And I think that was emphasized big time when Buck put it to a vote of the players as to whether or not to put him on a post-season roster.

It's 50/50 Davis comes back. I think Dan is gonna have a problem with giving a guy 10 to 14m in 2015 when he's 1 test away from missing 80 games. Davis had 1 great year and that's it.

Davis won't get anywhere close to 14M.

Duquette didn't seem to mind giving Cruz 8M when he was 1 test away from missing more games.

Archived