You know what really grinds my gears?

Pedro Cerrano

Scott Van Pelt just posted that Sportcenter at 6 pm tonight will talk about this. My feeling is if the clock guy was trying to screw Clemson he would of started the clock quicker not late. This clock deal did not cost Clemson the game.

Also, my feeling about Duke getting the calls. I was at the Final 4 game, sitting beside a top coach (his team is rated in the top 5 now) and he said that the Terps were screwed, he just couldnt say this publicly. I told him, when you are up 23 at halftime you find a way to win. My only problem with that game was K going to the refs during a timeout talking to them the whole time. If any other coach did this they would of been ignored or t'd up. All the fans there from Michigan St, and Arizona were pissed at this too.

And as for what Arenas having to say about K, he stated he would go back to collage if he could and put 85 pts on Duke. By the way how is the jerk Reddick doing in the pros? Just like most of the rest of them, nothing.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My problem with Terp fans(in general) is that MD has never lost a game because they just sucked or got outplayed. There is always something else. That is the impression i get from several people on here.

Well, I am about the biggest Terp homer in the world, but I will tell you this, the Terps can't blame refs for their inconsistent play. They get effort from about 2-3 players a game. If Strawberry plays well Gist and Jones don't. If Gist plays well Strawberry and Ibekwe take a game off. They are just too inconsistent. That is why they are capable of beating anyone and also capable of losing to anyone.

I don't complain as much about the Terps calls as the gifts that Duke gets on a regular basis. There were several games last year where poor referring led to them winning at home. None worse than the Florida St. game where the Seminoles got hosed at every turn.

Also, while Clemson played horrific defense and allowed a basket in 4.4 seconds, there should have only been 3.5 seconds on the clock to begin with so the game should have gone to overtime. To catch and shoot a three point shot in .6 seconds is beyond laughable. I coach in high school and we had .3 seconds on the clock before halftime two weeks ago. We had the ball under the basket. We designed a play where our best athlete came off a back screen and was fed a pass in the lane. He caught the ball in mid-air and put up a shot. It went. The players were so pumped, until the ref said that .3 seconds is not enough time to catch, spin, and shoot the ball (he did not tip the ball, he caught it and shot it). That was from 6 feet, so there is no way Hamilton shot a three pointer in .6 seconds.

Again, Clemson screwed up that last play, but the game should have gone to overtime.

Well, I am about the biggest Terp homer in the world, but I will tell you this, the Terps can't blame refs for their inconsistent play. They get effort from about 2-3 players a game. If Strawberry plays well Gist and Jones don't. If Gist plays well Strawberry and Ibekwe take a game off. They are just too inconsistent. That is why they are capable of beating anyone and also capable of losing to anyone.

I don't complain as much about the Terps calls as the gifts that Duke gets on a regular basis. There were several games last year where poor referring led to them winning at home. None worse than the Florida St. game where the Seminoles got hosed at every turn.

Also, while Clemson played horrific defense and allowed a basket in 4.4 seconds, there should have only been 3.5 seconds on the clock to begin with so the game should have gone to overtime. To catch and shoot a three point shot in .6 seconds is beyond laughable. I coach in high school and we had .3 seconds on the clock before halftime two weeks ago. We had the ball under the basket. We designed a play where our best athlete came off a back screen and was fed a pass in the lane. He caught the ball in mid-air and put up a shot. It went. The players were so pumped, until the ref said that .3 seconds is not enough time to catch, spin, and shoot the ball (he did not tip the ball, he caught it and shot it). That was from 6 feet, so there is no way Hamilton shot a three pointer in .6 seconds.

Again, Clemson screwed up that last play, but the game should have gone to overtime.

Well, Duke has been pretty good at thowing the ball to half court and scoring the winning bucket, so we don't know if the game would have gone to OT.

Well, Duke has been pretty good at thowing the ball to half court and scoring the winning bucket, so we don't know if the game would have gone to OT.

Off topic, Rob I am asking you now to please not gloat when Arizona beats Carolina tomorrow. I can't understand for the life of me why we are going across the country for this game 11 days before Duke. I just don't get it. So please for my sake, enjoy Arizona's win quietly. ;)

Off topic, Rob I am asking you now to please not gloat when Arizona beats Carolina tomorrow. I can't understand for the life of me why we are going across the country for this game 11 days before Duke. I just don't get it. So please for my sake, enjoy Arizona's win quietly. ;)

They will beat Arizona.

But i will gloat when Duke beats UNC. :D;)

Yeah, you are right, but now you are talking a MUCH lower rate of success. They devised and executed a heck of a play, but you would never count on hitting a game winning shot with 2.5 to 3.5 seconds left when you have to go 94 feet.

Yeah, you are right, but now you are talking a MUCH lower rate of success. They devised and executed a heck of a play, but you would never count on hitting a game winning shot with 2.5 to 3.5 seconds left when you have to go 94 feet.

You are right..Of course, if Clemson actually got in front of the ball, none of this matters.

They will beat Arizona.

But i will gloat when Duke beats UNC. :D;)

I don't know how we'll do playing in Arizona, although I know they're a little banged up.

You will have every right to gloat if Duke beats Carolina...but don't count on it my friend.

You are right..Of course, if Clemson actually got in front of the ball, none of this matters.

Again, you are right, no excuse for playing defense that poorly.

But it just sticks in my crawl that Duke is on the receiving end of these "oops, we made a mistake" statements from the ACC. Go back to the Florida State game last year and see the absolute injustice of that game. Duke has a great program, but NO program should be gifted so many calls.

Again, you are right, no excuse for playing defense that poorly.

But it just sticks in my crawl that Duke is on the receiving end of these "oops, we made a mistake" statements from the ACC. Go back to the Florida State game last year and see the absolute injustice of that game. Duke has a great program, but NO program should be gifted so many calls.

It happens with all the great players and teams in every sport.

I am sure you wouldn't complain if it were the Terps.

I don't know how we'll do playing in Arizona, although I know they're a little banged up.

You will have every right to gloat if Duke beats Carolina...but don't count on it my friend.

You wouldn't have counted on them losing to VaTech and Duke is a better team and have a little bit more of a home court advantage.

UNC is obviously better and more talented though.

It happens with all the great players and teams in every sport.

I am sure you wouldn't complain if it were the Terps.

That doesn't make it right. Actually, the Terps were recipients of favorable calls in the ACC, against Virginia a few years back there were several bad calls. I was glad we won the game, but I don't like it, officiating is supposed to be fair. It clearly isn't in Cameron.

Archived