The Player DD Should Trade For That Can Put Us in The WS in 2015

section18

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorting News says Altuve has negative UZR/150 and a negative DRS in his first two full MLB seasons

He graded a bit better this last season if I remember correctly.

Still not the glove man Schoop is. I agree with the earlier poster that would look to the OF for this type of production.

He graded a bit better this last season if I remember correctly.

Still not the glove man Schoop is. I agree with the earlier poster that would look to the OF for this type of production.

They just said that. So. I would assume that is taken into account.

Some interesting comments on here. It's never about one player. To even mention this like I'm a novice is really off base. We need speed. We need a player at the top of the lineup that gets on base. We need a guy to play 2B that can hit and have a decent OBP. Schoop is not getting the job done. I know he is young and I'm willing to give him more time but he is a free swinger and struggles with the strike zone. We have to improve our 2B production. Altuve fits what we need to a Tee. Ask a few GM's what Altuve would do for our lineup and they would all agree he would really help our 2-5 hitters with his OBP and speed. Did our two starters in games 1 and 2 spend too much time trying to hold the KC speed runners on 1st. Most of the media thinks they did and their performances suffered. Altuve on base will mean our 2-3-4 hitters will see more fastballs when he is on base. Do you think Machado, AJ and Cruz would like to see mostly fastballs when batting? He will disrupt the concentration of the other teams starters. He is a better base runner than any of the Royals players. Most of their speed comes from their bench.

It's interesting when this was discussed months ago there was major support. What happened? After seeing us get swept and knowing speed was a factor in the recent series with KC this should be even more obvious. We did a great job not letting them steal many bases. If our current leadoff hitter ends up in Atlanta who is going to lead off? The guy isn't on the team at the moment. Maybe Berry will get a shot in ST. DD will get Buck what he needs. Oh! By the way I also think Andrew Miller should be our next signing with Cruz close behind. Yes! Baseball is a team game and everybody needs to contribute.

Some interesting comments on here. It's never about one player. To even mention this like I'm a novice is really off base. We need speed. We need a player at the top of the lineup that gets on base. We need a guy to play 2B that can hit and have a decent OBP. Schoop is not getting the job done. I know he is young and I'm willing to give him more time but he is a free swinger and struggles with the strike zone. We have to improve our 2B production. Altuve fits what we need to a Tee. Ask a few GM's what Altuve would do for our lineup and they would all agree he would really help our 2-5 hitters with his OBP and speed. Did our two starters in games 1 and 2 spend too much time trying to hold the KC speed runners on 1st. Most of the media thinks they did and their performances suffered. Altuve on base will mean our 2-3-4 hitters will see more fastballs when he is on base. Do you think Machado, AJ and Cruz would like to see mostly fastballs when batting? He will disrupt the concentration of the other teams starters. He is a better base runner than any of the Royals players. Most of their speed comes from their bench.

It's interesting when this was discussed months ago there was major support. What happened? After seeing us get swept and knowing speed was a factor in the recent series with KC this should be even more obvious. We did a great job not letting them steal many bases. If our current leadoff hitter ends up in Atlanta who is going to lead off? The guy isn't on the team at the moment. Maybe Berry will get a shot in ST. DD will get Buck what he needs. Oh! By the way I also think Andrew Miller should be our next signing with Cruz close behind. Yes! Baseball is a team game and everybody needs to contribute.

Great work responding to the one or two people who questioned his value and ignoring everyone else who said he would be one of the costliest players in the league to trade for. Guess we should go after that Giancarlo Stanton kid too, huh?

There was talk during the season several times that DD and Buck were considering sending Schoop down to Norfolk for more work. If Houston is willing to discuss a trade for Altuve I'm pretty sure Schoop will most likely be part of the package going back for him. Gausman is not being dealt. Forget it! I would definitely include Bundy and others. If no deal for Altuve we need to obtain a veteran 2B to help until Schoop is ready. He needs more work on his hitting.

Who said you are a novice. And at what? Being a baseball GM?

Bottom line is the idea is ridiculous on multiple fronts.

It would take half the top end talent in farm system to reel in a Altuve.

We have a guy in Schoop who plays defensively very well and showed enough in his FIRST full big league season with the bat to warrant the position being his. We also have Flaherty who is a more than capable backup IMO. You may not think much of Schoop but I can assure you there are a ton of teams that would love to have a young 2B with a good glove and significant power potential.

I have no issue with adding speed and OBP to this team. If your going to do it though how about doing it at a position were we have a need, primarily an OF position seems like the logical option if Cruz and or Markakis is not back.

There was talk during the season several times that DD and Buck were considering sending Schoop down to Norfolk for more work. If Houston is willing to discuss a trade for Altuve I'm pretty sure Schoop will most likely be part of the package going back for him. Gausman is not being dealt. Forget it! I would definitely include Bundy and others. If no deal for Altuve we need to obtain a veteran 2B to help until Schoop is ready. He needs more work on his hitting.

What do you believe the Orioles would have to give up to get him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived